Subject Author Posted Replies

Sealing basin combined waste/overflow?
Replaced the taps and 'push lever' waste on a bathroom sink with new monobloc tap and clicky waste yesterday, but can't get the lower seal on the waste to, um, seal. The upper seal (to the basin) is...
16
16

OT: Update: Linux Mint hacked - infected ISOs on website
Sounds like it was more than just one occasion and to a deeper degree. I *really* hope the Mint site wasn't running Linux servers as those Linux fanatics won't ever be able to show their faces again....
51
51

Attaching Vinyl lattice to block wall
I wish to add a vinyl lattice fencing to my concrete block wall to add priv acy. My sheets are 4/8. What is the best way to fasten? To give maximum hei ght and to intrude as minimally as possible into...
2
2

refitting toilet cistern
Installing the toilet cistern tomorrow (the final part of shower room refurb). Should I attach the the cistern to the pan with doughnut, tighten and then mark where I drill the holes to secure the...
2
2

Cleaning fence paint off automotive paint
Not really enough information at the moment, but the idiot workperson painting our neighbour's fence has (some time ago) splashed drops of brown paint on the front corner of our motor home. AFAIK the...
4
4

OT:Fractured tooth
With depressing, but predictable inconvenience, I had a tooth fracture on Saturday. (I haven't done the exact maths, but I suspect it happened at a point in time when the wait to see a dentist was...
20
20

Waterproof 230V connector needed
I want wire a permanent extension cable to my car battery charger, so I can plug it in to my outdoor mains socket and connect it to the battery as required, with minimum fuss. Struggling to find an...
16
16

LED or Rough Service for shock resilience?
Which would you expect to be more resilient to shock, a rough service filament light bulb or a LED bulb (both B22)?
11
11

Linux Mint hacked - infected ISOs on website
Mint suffered a hack yesterday (Sat 20th) with .iso files containing a backdoor malware infection. If you downloaded Mint 17.3 Cinnamon edition yesterday (Sat 20th), nuke the installation and...
58
58

Links to security camreviews and information
Hi, Does anyone have a link to impartial (ha !) information on domestic/residen tial security cameras? Something that just requires a power supply and deli vers images over wifi to a PC/server/cloud...
5
5

OT: Which was better: The 60s or the 70s?
Tough call, isn't it?
54
54

Problem with bathroom towel rail. Bent tails.
Young grand daughter decided to use this as a climbing frame. Partially dislodged the thing from the bathroom wall. I suspect it may not have been well fitted to the brick wall originally. Can't blame...
8
8

Die Dietrich double oven
I have a Die Dietrich which I've had for years. I have turned on my main oven today, and the smaller right hand side oven (with the rotisserie) came on too, and is now coming on every time I switch on...
1
1

Productive weekend
Additional dormer roof supporting pillar and mid span beam. Explore this photo album by Tim J Watts on Flickr!
2
2

Help to replace ceramic pole in Global knife sharpener
I have purchased a new ceramic pole for my global knife sharpener. From what I can tell it is simply a push fit, but I cannot even get the old one out never mind the new one in. I accept that my hands...