Subject Author Posted Replies

LED or Rough Service for shock resilience?
Which would you expect to be more resilient to shock, a rough service filament light bulb or a LED bulb (both B22)?
11
11

Linux Mint hacked - infected ISOs on website
Mint suffered a hack yesterday (Sat 20th) with .iso files containing a backdoor malware infection. If you downloaded Mint 17.3 Cinnamon edition yesterday (Sat 20th), nuke the installation and...
58
58

Links to security camreviews and information
Hi, Does anyone have a link to impartial (ha !) information on domestic/residen tial security cameras? Something that just requires a power supply and deli vers images over wifi to a PC/server/cloud...
5
5

OT: Which was better: The 60s or the 70s?
Tough call, isn't it?
54
54

Problem with bathroom towel rail. Bent tails.
Young grand daughter decided to use this as a climbing frame. Partially dislodged the thing from the bathroom wall. I suspect it may not have been well fitted to the brick wall originally. Can't blame...
8
8

Die Dietrich double oven
I have a Die Dietrich which I've had for years. I have turned on my main oven today, and the smaller right hand side oven (with the rotisserie) came on too, and is now coming on every time I switch on...
1
1

Productive weekend
Additional dormer roof supporting pillar and mid span beam. Explore this photo album by Tim J Watts on Flickr!
2
2

Help to replace ceramic pole in Global knife sharpener
I have purchased a new ceramic pole for my global knife sharpener. From what I can tell it is simply a push fit, but I cannot even get the old one out never mind the new one in. I accept that my hands...

old mowers
I've been tasked with clearing out some old sheds and one contains half a dozen old mowers, two of them look interesting they are Dennis 30" cylinder mowers with large side valve engines and aluminium...
11
11

Moving fridge freezer - and what brands are good?
Hi all, Looking to kit out an unfurnished house in the near future - tempted to find stuff on Gumtree or similar but a fridge freezer seems a bit much to get in the back of my mondeo? Are they...
14
14

B&Q quality of wood
Needing one piece of timber fairly quickly and to avoid a time consuming journey via the traffic jam to my usual supplier I went to the local B&Q. I have never seen so much planed wood with so many...
3
3

[OT] Is Curry's as crap as it used to be or is it now fantastic?
I don't normally shop at Curry's but they have a big range and I'm tempted to get a fridge-freezer from there. I checked their customer ratings and the first two review sites gave utterly different...
31
31

cameras on lamp-posts?
Near me are a couple of lamp-posts on opposite sides of the road (busy estate) which have some sort of camera device aiming at the oncoming traffic. There are no additional boxes on the posts. The...
29
29

thin walled 19mm socket?
Hi, my standard 19mm socket will not fit the hole on the flywheel to tighten the nut up. I broke the two I ground to fit the hole before the required torque was applied. Can anyone point me to a...
18
18

New drill or batteries?
My 18V Makita combi is now 6 years old and I've noticed that the batteries aren't doing much, then recharging seems quick (haven't timed them). They're the 1.3Ah NiCads, so have done quite well I...
20
20