Subject Author Posted Replies

Toilet seat dimensions
The things you never notice til they need replacing: I am going to replace the toilet seat and lid, looking on ebay at soft close and their dimensions how the heck do you measure it as nothing is an...
1
1

Roofing shingles experience?
Any one had any experience or preference for roofing shingles? I have the option of IKO Armourshield or Katepal. IKO are more expensive, are they worth the extra cost? Ta peeps, Steve
9
9

Name for combined torx hex bolt
Managed to lose a bolt (working on VW Caddy) . It has a Torx centre, but the head is also a Hex bolt (shape). (10mm). Do these things have a proper name? ps Is it correct that if the thread runs the...
4
4

How some accidents can happen
Although most are faked or setup my students might learn something from it. Quando ami l'elettronica ma l'elettornica non fa per te!!! Quando ami l'elettronica ma l'elettornica non fa per te!!!
3
3

Help to convert toilet to washing machine connection
My daughter has just started the process of purchasing a house. There is not facility for a washing machine, but there is a toilet installed under the stairs which she does not require. I wonder if it...
17
17

Do crystal radios still pick anything up?
Apologies to those who know about this stuff, if this is a stupid question. Seeing the electronics thread reminded me of some of my mis-spent youth. I never knew enough about electronics to design...
114
114

Static problems for a cleaner
OK maybe a bit off topic, but my upstairs has a problem when my cleaner uses the Henry, which is not faulty, she gets repeated shocks and dust builds up on the pipe and tools quite rapidly. Is there...
10
10

(OT) Birmingham Airport
I need to collect someone on Friday. I know there is a 10 minute Drop and Go car park, but ideally I want to loiter outside the airport until I get a phone call to say they have got their luggage and...
16
16

CPC Delivery times
There was, some months ago, a thread about delivery times for suppliers, including CPC. I have recently placed two orders with them, both using the free 3-5 day service. The orders were in the...
6
6

How do I get sealant out of carpet?
I accidentally got some Unibond roof and gutter sealant onto our charcoal g rey carpet (only a few weeks after we've had it laid) and understandably, m y wife isn't best pleased. I scraped away as...
24
24

Power mosfet question
I want to use mosfets in an H bridge configuration to control and reverse a 12v permanent magnet motor - obviously an inductive load. Running current will be 10amps or so. The sort of circuit I plan...
19
19

Electric workshop heater, fan or radient?
Hi all, I just stripped down my old workshop fan heater to find both wire elements broken (in more than one place each). So, I'm in the market for a replacement heater. 20 x 10 x 8' pre-fab concrete...
22
22

courage
What do we need for a major DIY project? Skills and money, yes, but also, courage. It takes nerve to start the first phase, especially if it involves destroying something that's perfectly good, but...
11
11

Acrylic mirrors
Anyone got experience of these. I like the fact they are light and safe with having no glass. However my main concern would be are they easily scratched? and is the reflection a good quality.
7
7

Ladder stand-offs - worthwhile?
I need to do some small repairs to one end of a barge board and the adjacent soffit so I was wondering about getting a ladder stand-off to fit around the house corner, either: or The first is much...
28
28