Subject Author Posted Replies

Chromecast Audio
Just got a couple of Chromecast Audios, missed Worrie`s 14 quid sale earlier in week, ebay now has several vendors with them less than the 30 quid RRP. Finally solved the first world problem of DAB...
11
11

OT DAB and Jazz FM
On my DAB radio, I have two stations with very similar names: Jazz FM and JazzFM Only difference is the space. The second one is on the list of broadcast stations (having just done a rescan) but comes...
4
4

syphonic wc
I have a syphonic wc, probably put in in the early 60s, just marked with "Standard" on the back of the pan. It appears to be leaking a steady dribble past the air purge "bomb", as evidenced by the...
1
1

Vertical blinds - suitable glue?
I have lots of vertical blinds, which need the lengths shortened. What would be a suitable adhesive for forming pockets at the bottoms, where weights go please?
7
7

[OT] Cheap postage
I sometimes see an item from a UK seller on Amazon which is so cheap that it hardly covers the cost of postage. I pay 54p for a second class letter (74p if it's thicker than 0.5cm) but some sellers...
29
29

Boiler broke ;-)
Started getting a bit chilly in here late yesterday evening. Rads cold. Quick look at the boiler showed no water pressure and a bad leak underneath. Switched it off. Went to bed. Took the casing off...
64
64

Beekeeping and hive building
Maybe I've simply missed any recent posts but are any current group contrib utors into beekeeping? Ive been building my own hives for a while now using 19mm WBP ply and softwood rails, exposed cut...
6
6

Beko washing machine rattling noise when draining
My missus likes to keep me busy, so a while back she put a tub of cotton buds in with the washing. They are just the right size to get stuck in the drum holes, and some even got through. Since then...
8
8

d-i-y SD card storage solution?
Hi all, I wondered if anyone has, made or could recommend a good storage solution for SD and uSD cards as one might use with a Raspberry Pi micro computer? I'm not just talking about a pouch or wallet...
21
21

Totally OT why am I a minority
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to think I am a minority?
36
36

Blocking a window advice please
Looking to block 2 windows, one in each upstairs bedroom. They are identical, size approx 1.2m x 1.5m. They are in a timber-frame extension that we added around 10 years ago, so the council will have...
22
22

Price increases
We should all brace ourselves for some hefty price increases on imported goods. The dollar being the main currency used to pay for imports is going to start having an impact pretty soon. With all this...
6
6

OT - bulk mailer software (for club)
Posting here because all the usual suspects seem to frequent this group. I need to distribute some details to all registered members of a club. Only around 60 at the moment, but it should be scalable....
37
37

Mapping sux
Why is it a lot of points of interest are incorrectly placed on google maps, satnavs etc? Look up an LPG filling station, or a supermarket, and they're often a couple of blocks out. Today I went to...
1
1

Cutting glass tube problem
I want a nice clean cut on glass tube. So I found the way to do it, apparen tly, is to use thread & fuel, light it, then dunk it in water. I've tried t hat over & over... and nothing happened...
25
25