Subject Author Posted Replies

Adjusting hot water flow rate when combi boiler ignites
Is the hot water flow rate at which a combi boiler ignites something that is normally adjustable? Or do I just have to live with the fact that if I turn a hot water on a small amount all I will get is...
14
14

OT: Blood Tests
Has anyone here had any unaccountable results from routine blood tests within the last couple of years? My lifestyle hasn't changed one jot since at least 2010, but lately I'm getting liver function...
147
147

Bent screwdriver
Does anyone know where I can get one of those sets of screwdrivers that look like one 2-ended blade in a sort of elongated z shape. I really need to know of a national store chain where I can go to...
15
15

Lidl battery saw - first report
It seems to work O.K. albeit for a relatively short time. Once the power is down a bit it also seems to struggle a bit more cutting stuff. I have been chopping up some old 2" roof joists (some nailed...
4
4

Power meter?
This was a supplementary to the aircon question. Can anyone recommend a plug in power meter which is reasonably accurate? Amazon offers gadgets around £10-£50 range but it is difficult to see if you...
21
21

scam - ebay warning
Anyone tried to return an kit to a postcode UB18 7HK? It was some electronc kit from China - it didn't function correctly and I have been given (by the seller) an address in the UK for the return. The...
7
7

Screwfix. Odd place for a new branch.
Screwfix are opening a new branch in Tooting. What's odd is that it's on the High Street. So presumably higher rent etc than in the usual industrial estate. I've not yet seem the site, but wonder...
15
15

Ceramic heater safety cutout switch temperatures?
Fixing a ceramic heater for a family member. Started blowing cold air. It's very similar to this one: It has a NC safety temperature switch fitted, this has failed open. One of the spade lugs has...
5
5

Ping Chris Hogg
I saw your reply using a different news server, ES could be playing up. Thanks, I will be doing it in April.

CPC floodlight
CPC have 30w LED floodlights on special offer at approx 17 quid. Not that much info in the spec, though.
9
9

Supplier of non-self-adhesive vinyl tiles
Hi, Does anyone know where I can buy non-self-adhesive vinyl floor tiles? The self-adhesive ones seem convenient but my experience of laying them when there is a trace of dust or damp, they lift. In...
2
2

OT Ping Chris Hogg
After 7 years of mostly failing with the 4 flower beds on my front lawn, I've decided to fill them in with soil and chuck some grass seed on them. When would be the best time to do this? Thanks.
6
6

Electrical conundrum - mains aircon in motor home
This first post is a place holder in part, so that I don't forget to ask the question, as I usually do once I get involved in stuff during the day. The Motor Home has mains powered habitation air...
38
38

Glue identification
Does anyone know what type of glue this is: Saw it in a pub last night, seemed to be doing a good job of holding the table together. The messy bead of glue was solid.
21
21

OT Bubbles.
Quite amazing. Ana Yang Gazillion Bubble Show - YouTube
3
3