Subject Author Posted Replies

Highly flexible floor tile grout
I have a tiled bathroom floor which has a little flex in it and thus the grout keeps crumbling in the same area. I don't want to rip up the floor and re-do it with a layer of thicker ply underneath,...
6
6

Re: Phone
En el artículo , RayL12 escribió: Thunderturd strikes again!
15
15

induction hardening
Is it feasible to make a DIY induction hardener running of domestic power point? Something that heats up the very tip of the edge as it is drawn through and immediately quenched by the mass of steel...
5
5

drill bit sharpening
I used to do this by hand with an angle grinder but now lack the knack or steadiness. As I don't have a bench grinder I cannot use one of those jigs that hold the drill up to the side of the bench...
14
14

rewiring house
good morning i am about to undertake rewiring my 1930's edwardian semi as i am on a very limited budget. i intend to contract an appropriately qualified electrician to make cu connections, testing and...
29
29

Gas fire connector
My late mother's property has a gas fire in the sitting room. Although the fire has the usual on/off control knob on the side, I would like to isolate it in a more positive fashion. But I don't want...
6
6

OT Robots again
Now this is getting to be scary. Can't imagine the technology to make this work. A new version of Atlas, designed to operate outdoors and inside buildings. It is specialized for mobile manipulation....
19
19

Hot and cold fill washing machines and the consequences
Well, I finally had to settle for an overpriced hot and cold fill machine from Hotpoint with a 5 year warranty. Of course it was the wrong size, ie bigger than the old one and fouled the corner...
9
9

Maccat 839 - Seizure issue
Hi all i'm new to the site. I have a maccat 839 chainsaw that is fully working. However once it is in use, if i stop it and try to restart the pullcord will not turn the engine. I have to open the...
3
3

High powered kettles & vacuum cleaners plan to ban them in EU stalls
Since it interests some people here. Don't worry, I 'spect post BREXIT, it will be resurrected. Brussels stalls on plans to ban high-power kettles and toasters over fears of further upsetting British...
194
194

Buying rim cylinder with many keys
The loonie scrote upstairs neighbour of a friend of mine is finally being evicted[1] and the communal lock is going to need replacing as a matter of course. Does anyone know of a supplier of rim...
15
15

Ridge vent pipe reducer
I will soon be looking to replace the extractor fan in bathroom, the current one goes in to the losft and exits who knows where (if at all) everything is buried under a foot of insulation, although...

OT Condel again.
On form as usual. Access Denied

Testing internal phone wiring - how?
Background: BT Infinity with Home Bub 5 installed on 25/02/2016 - speed now 16 plus Mb sec - we are rural and 1.8 miles of copper to the cabinet. This is over double what we were getting - the speed...
19
19

Heated towel rail element ~ thermostatically controlled or not?
I'm going to change the heating element in a dual-fuel towel rail. Should I go for thermostatically controlled or not? Even though it is on a time switch, I don't much like the idea of the element...
2
2