Subject Author Posted Replies

Todays workfun
Actually tomorrows workfun. This was a barrier to a car park. Unfortunately a woman driver hit it Once I had cleaned the glass and crap out of the hole I managed to get a conduit U box on (the barrier...
13
13

Some Dewalt T-10 Torx sought
Anyone know where I can get some 'reasobnably priced' Dewalt T-10 Torx Plastic Housing-ClamShell Screws? I managed to lose some when repairing my DW drill. ebay has these - but from the US. The only...
2
2

Cartels
The UK seems to have cartels in the garden machinery business. I have been trying to buy a new ride on 28" mower, but find that every Mountfield or Atco dealer in the country is selling at the same...
5
5

Celotex type insulation.
Hi I'm planning to insulate my loft with insulating board for occasional use as an office. Need some help on use of foil; backed insulation products. Looking at Celotex website they recommend a 2" gap...
26
26

OT: Nanny State strikes again
I've been a fan of high strength lager for many years. I don't drink it in the town centre and shout at the pigeons. Simply, I'd rather have one 500 ml can of 9% lager in the evening than two 500ml...
38
38

OT Real Cost of Renewables
According to DT today a gas power station recently was paid £1000 (one thousand pounds) per MWh when the wind stopped blowing this week. In November one was apparently paid £2500 per MWh. Makes HPC...
4
4

I didn't know that could get rid of that!
http://www.swarfega.com/workplace/products/sjz5l

Oscilloscope
My trusty Telequipment Serviscope S51A has decided it doesn't want to play after being in the (dry) loft for years. On initial power and warm up it did work apart from the X shift. Turned me back to...
45
45

Lavor 160 pressure washer pressure switch
I'm struggling to get the pressure washer switch out, work out how it fixed - which seems to have failer o/c. I wonder if anyone has had to replace one before and found out how to release them? I have...
1
1

Grauniad: Commentary on whether EdF should pull the plug on HPC
An interesting read. Mainly looks at EdF's finances and how much of a risk taking on HPC would be. The article states that the finance director of EdF resigned because he wanted to delay committing to...
4
4

OT: If they had geiger conters...
Seeing this bronze age site revealed by amateur metal detectorists, made me think what would be the result of cheap reliable radiation detectors..fir example in Fukushima where they are worried about...
21
21

OT: Sold phone on eBay
Sold a phone for approx £200. Immediate payment. Only problem is that PayPal informed me that the funds are "pending" and would not be release for up to 21 days. Not really sure why? never had this...
9
9

Which sealant for external walls.
I would like to use some sealant to fill cracks in the exterior wall of a house that has been rendered with cement. I have found various grey coloured products on ebay. Any ideas which would be best,...
1
1

hose pipe diameter: which to choose?
Hello, I need to buy a hose pipe that will reach from the patio, across the lawn, to the driveway behind it. I think it is about 30 metres, so plus some room to manouvre, I think I will be looking at...
11
11

Do NOT pressure wash your roof!
My neighbour had his roof jetwashed, now he has to replace the whole thi= ng for =A33000. Should you allow someone to pressure wash your roof? Will it cause any damage to the roof or tiles? Find out...
18
18