Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Oh Delilah!
I am not a football fan,in fact if I wake up feeling like football I go back to bed until I feel better. However Stoke City FC sing Oh Delilah as their anthem. Now the Politically correct police want...
12
12

Test Meter part deux
Following on from ARW test meter advice the other week I spent a while researching and stuff then managed to bag the following: "METREL EUROTEST COMBO 3125B WITH EASI SWITCH A1214" £190 - Deal of the...

Lighting query PIR/Dusk-Dawn
To prevent other members in the house from switching off the outside lights before I get home on late nights after the street lights have gone off I've had an idea to use one gang of a 2G 2W switch by...

Pipe "bangs" when dishwasher fill valve closes
There's a loud bang every time my dishwasher fill valve turns off - it's just a single loud bang (rather than the typical hammering from a dodgy tap jumper or ball valve) but the valve turns on/off...
4
4

OT Dangers of radiation from nuclear plants greatly overestimated: Prof. Geraldine Thomas
'Today' programme, BBC Radio 4 this morning (Friday) 0730 And also And who she is, here and here With huge numbers suffering from being kept from their homes, is Fukushima's exclusion zone doing more...
7
7

Tumble dryers and spontaneous combustion.
Hi all, The Mrs mentioned our old conventionally vented TD wasn't drying like it did so I first checked what power it was consuming with a plug-in power meter (thinking a heater element may have gone...
16
16

Driver updater
Is there such a thing, cost free for XP S3?
15
15

OT Saudi Arabia going bust?
Going back to burning camel dung? It first emerged that Saudi Arabia was looking to borrow money to shore up its public finances last week
2
2

German man has 13 steel rings cut off his todger - with obligatory angle grinder pic
This seems to be becoming rather too frequent. "A Munich man has set what may prove an unassailable record for the number of steel rings lodged on a penis after presenting himself at a local hospital...
12
12

Scrap metal prices?
With memories of getting nearly £400 from all the stuff we stripped out of the house during the refurb, which would be mainly copper and brass plus some old PVC coated wiring, I had a quick look at...
12
12

Whate's the difference between...
a USB memory stick and a USB flash drive, if any?
9
9

Rounding a sharp corner
How would you go about about protecting toddlers from a sharp corner on a worktop? It's one of those kitchen island jobs where either nobody thought to round the overhanging corner or it just came...
12
12

24 hrs du A&E, man nearly chops off leg with circ saw, or was it angle grinder
Almost had to hide behind the settee while watching 24 hours in A&E last night. A bloke was building a shed and the circular saw got caught on his clothes. he managed to cut his thigh muscle down to...
4
4

Remove back door lock?
I want to replace a back door lock and handle, but there is no key. Handles are off OK. Will the brass coloured mechanism come out if I bash it, or, as I fear, do I have to drill somewhere? Picture is...
20
20

re wiring light switch post
I note that my existing dimmer switch is not connected to an earth, it is the chrome type but that maybe chrome coated plastic. The new switch also has an earth point on the case chrome but again not...
20
20