Subject Author Posted Replies

Platenclene, thanks for reccomendation
solved a thick paper feed issue on an Epson that suddenly wouldn`t reliably feed 260gsm paper. Got some on the bay and solved a potentaily expensive issue. Thanks for the pointer

OT Gridwatch
Wind down to 0.37GW (1%), and just a tickle from OCGT, 0.1GW. Is the latter because they're just testing somewhere or a genuine need? The latter wouldn't surprise me. We'll see what 6PM brings.
1
1

Soft cover for DKN-AM-E-Exercise-Bike
I am sorry if this is considered OT, but I cannot find a suitable soft cover for this saddle. I purchased one from Amazon that purportedly fitted, but it is far too small, so I have had to bear the...

Boiler electrical outlet to close to gas pipe
I have just had a gas inspection and the engineer has stated that the boile r electrical connection is too close to the gas pipe, similarly the gas pip e to the hob and the electrical connection to...
3
3

Electric cooker
Hello, My mother's old cooker has packed up. She has set her heart on a new Beko B DVF696XP. The problem is the old cooker was a single oven and the new one i s a double oven. While the old one...
13
13

OT - shurley shum mishtake?
"Tim+" Evidently so.
25
25

Screwfix - new branch.
Screwfix have opened a new branch on the high street between Colliers Wood and Tooting. No free parking whatsoever. And not really the sort of high street you'd wander along looking at shops. I've...
41
41

Wall material between dormer room and attic spaces
Anyone know if in England, such a wall needs to be predominantly fire resistant? Stripping out the plasterboard now, to get more celotex on the underside of the roof. However, I'm interested in the...
11
11

Transformer
Not just by using resistors and capacitors alone. The symptoms suggest you're using a 50Hz mains to 12v transformer. As far as tungsten filament lamps are concerned 50Hz 12v rms works just as well as...
49
49

Titan Mixer tap
I find that these need replacement hoses and spouts on a regular basis. The joint between the spout and hose leaks at the slightest provocation if a rubber sealing washer is used. It seems to move. I...
2
2

removing oil patches from block paving
Hello, Sorry if you see this twice, I unsuccessfully tried to cross-post to the group I have some engine oil on my block-paved drive. Is there any way to remove it? I have a feeling that when this has...
18
18

Pressure Washer
My Karcher K2.900M is now getting a bit long in the tooth, and the patio cleaner is beginning to break up. My main use is on occasional domestic drive and patio cleaning, and I am thinking of an...
7
7

Hands up who thinks damp courses are a good idea?
Hands up who thinks damp courses are a good idea?
2
2

Todays workfun
Actually tomorrows workfun. This was a barrier to a car park. Unfortunately a woman driver hit it Once I had cleaned the glass and crap out of the hole I managed to get a conduit U box on (the barrier...
13
13

Some Dewalt T-10 Torx sought
Anyone know where I can get some 'reasobnably priced' Dewalt T-10 Torx Plastic Housing-ClamShell Screws? I managed to lose some when repairing my DW drill. ebay has these - but from the US. The only...
2
2