Subject Author Posted Replies

Ceiling speakers for shower room
Does anyone have any recommendations for a pair of ceiling speakers for a shower room? I want to play a basic stereo from the next room into the speakers to sing along while taking a shower. I would...
34
34

Speeding up heating of a room with central heating
If you stick a desk fan blowing through a central heating radiator, it heats the room twice as fast.

Bath Recommendation
I'm planning on fitting a new bath. Just want a decent compromise at a reasonable price, and have this for reference: It'll have a tap/shower arrangement over, and a shower curtain. Any suggestions,...
9
9

OT Better news on Hinkley C
Money will be made available to help build nuclear plant, says economics minister, as union repeats call for project to be shelved
8
8

an invention waiting to happen..
Self catering this week. Domestic staff off to Berlin with her girlfriends and now minding GCs in London. Look out Dave:-) The consequence is a flock of empty freezer meal plastic containers. Each...
22
22

The Russ Andrews of cookware
Just look at these prices for cooking pots! Find great deals on eBay for saladmaster. Shop with confidence.
5
5

Do "volt sticks" work on armoured cable?
Following an episode of depriving three flats of mains power for 8 hours I thought I'd buy some of those cheap volt sticks mentioned here recently. Seem to work fine on ordinary cable but not on my...
23
23

Heated towel rail/radiator
For various reasons, including using the things fitted in a holiday let, I have become interested in heated towel rails. The towel rail in this location is a decent size and would appear adequate to...
13
13

OT: Moer 'harryfolly' madness from our Septic chums
FAIL: Ivanpah solar power plant not producing enough electricity, may be forced to close – Watts Up With That?
1
1

Spares for Dremel?
My 3000 has just failed, seems to be the speed controller which is evidently a weak link. From web postings, possible cause is triac failure, I have one on order but looks a bit fiddly to replace....

OT: 360 degree video of Large Hadron collider
Best viewed on a tablet device with accelerometers to enable you to look around easily. Tim A 360 tour of CERN that takes you deep inside the Large Hadron Collider – the world’s greatest physics...
3
3

Wire is getting expensive!
I bought a 6" length of wire, nothing connected to either end, for £3.28. NT
13
13

Telescoping ladders? Some sections are stuck, how to fix?
That sounds reasonable. I'll have to investigate the holes that look like they could be grubscrews the next time I get to the ladders (they are round Mums). I know the type. Yes, that was my worst...
14
14

Wickes spring catalogue,
Irwin chisels advert, facing page 355. With a claw hammer.

Insulating a Grade 11 400 year old house.
Pal I know from a car forum has a 400 year old oak framed Grade II listed house. Not had it for that long, and moved to it from a modern one. And wants to improve the insulation drastically. I...
41
41