Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. BRICS etc.
Don't hear much about the marvellous BRICS these days. Or the "Celtic Tigers". Came across this too. On the other hand, we plenty about the PIGS. None of it good.
2
2

Help decoding boiler quote please?
Distress replacement of existing combi boiler, have electric shower rarely use bath, condensor not worth extra expense, only running 5 rads and washin g hot water. Got a quote that trying to work out,...
19
19

FRom Greenpeace...for Harry
"SunEdison is likely to soon seek bankruptcy protection, according to a regulatory filing by TerraForm Global Inc, a holding company it controls. The company spent $3.3 billion since the start of 2014...
16
16

Clear plastic to keep fingers off tabletop display
Inspired by Chris Green's plastic glass thread, I'm asking about suitability of plastic sheets for a slightly different purpose. Later this year, I'll be involved with a public display of stuff which...
6
6

Kitchen Design Software
Looking for a no-charge or low-cost easy-to-use kitchen design package. Must run on Windows, would be most excellent if it also runs on OSX and its files are fully compatible between the two. Tried...
1
1

More efficient domestic utilisation of solar
Putting aside the usual anti-solar, FIT thieving bastards, destroyers of life etc etc comments, :) I was wondering whether a humble PC/raspberry or whatever to activate something like the wi-fi...
1
1

Aldi this Thursday
'Home Improvement Special Buys'. Drill Ladders Electric spray paint gun And more.
23
23

Neutralise Silicone Remover
I just removed silicone around shower tray (I hate that job) As well as cutting out the bulk, I used 'No Nonsense' sealant remover. It worked - now the next step - as this 'dissolves' silicone, don't...
1
1

Ames taping
Why do I see vans with "Ames Taping" advertised on the side? Isn't that like an electrician advertising that they do lightswitches? It's a small part of a task, not an entire trade.
1
1

Best plastic to replace outdoor glass?
We have lost a couple of sheets of glass from sheds etc. in the recent wind. I'm thinking I might replace them with plastic sheet of some sort. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the various...
7
7

OT Mile high tower planned for Japan.
9
9

Euan Mearns on the risk to Scottish power as a result of Longannet closing`
A very interesting read. One Step Closer to Blackouts | Energy Matters
7
7

Wickes easter online offer?
Anyone take advantage? One of my lads left it until today to try, but the web site couldn't cope.
3
3

A little conundrum for you
We have two completely separate sinks in our kitchen, each with its own tap. The taps are pretty old. One of them is dripping. So, my question is why did I (intentionally) replace the tap that was...
18
18

Multimeter test probes. What am I missing?
Those aren't probes. More of a clip. IIRC, you fit those to your own wire. Don't think that's how they are meant to be connected. They're pretty crap clips anyway.
3
3