Subject Author Posted Replies

Hover mower not cutting cleanly - leaving tufts
Our Flymo hover mower has stopped cutting properly. It cuts the grass short (*) but it leaves longer tufts, probably where the grass is growing more densely, instead of cutting it to a uniform length....
12
12

Black gunge
We get this black gunge Building up in the lobby lavatory cistern and under the rim of the pan. Any ideas how to stop it? Mike http://tinyurl.com/z6kllqd
7
7

Simple shower basin leak question
The ring around the plug hole has been a bit loose ever since I've been in this house (~5 months) and the other day I kicked it out of the way in annoyance as it stuck to my heel. SWIMBO then had a...
11
11

B & Q
Remember who you are giving your money to when you shop in B & Q Short version : Petition · Don’t use living wage as excuse to cut pay & benefits · Change.org
6
6

OT: More IT treacle please
Microsoft is reaching out to Linux developers in a way that the company never has before. "The Bash shell is coming to Windows. Yes, the real Bash is coming to Windows," said Microsoft's Kevin...
73
73

Replacement seals for Sodastream bottle caps?
The seals are just flat rubber rings so should be easy to replace but I can't find anyone selling them separately. I don't feel motivated to make a punch and buy sheet rubber so can anyone suggest a...
4
4

Grauniad: "Government's plan for secure power generation 'unfit for purpose'"
"A £2.8bn government scheme funded by energy bill payers which aims to keep the lights on in Britain has been condemned as wasteful, expensive and 'unfit for purpose' in a damning report. The claims...
9
9

Linux and Old Landrovers
One and the same. Both will break either very soon or be broken from the start. Just a casual observation of pretty much every version I've played with since Mandrake 7.1 that I installed on my Dad's...
2
2

Lidl Cordless Circular Saw
Gave it a bit of a hammering today. Cutting 15mm Contiboard. I'd guess the very thin blade is easier on the battery. Wonder how well it will last. But a very useful tool for when cordless is handy -...
14
14

Mini drill press - any experiences?
Hi Folks I've been using a Dremel mini-drill press attachment and diamond drill bits to drill 1mm holes in fused-glass jewellery pieces (in a water-bath). I seem to get through a lot of drill bits!...
11
11

Replace boiler heat exchanger while off for other work?
My Worcester Bosch 28cdi has developed a water leak and I've traced it to one of the push fit pipes going into the plate heat exchanger (the pipe with the temp sensor attached). Although I could...
4
4

OT No hi-viz vest?
What if the "bomb" had gone off?:-) FFS the bloke works in H&S and he should know better than to having his photograph taken without putting on a hi-viz vest. A man who posed for a picture with an...
4
4

Today top top
Probably the same as the last top tip I gave. Don't drive a Fiat. My works van is in for a service so I had another works van - both Fiats. I managed 2 miles before the replacemant one conked out on...
5
5

OT. Should we trust Pravda more than the BBC?
The Iraq invasion was the biggest terrorist attack in history
1
1

OT. BRICS etc.
Don't hear much about the marvellous BRICS these days. Or the "Celtic Tigers". Came across this too. On the other hand, we plenty about the PIGS. None of it good.
2
2