Subject Author Posted Replies

People drinking less ..
Because of the price, amongst other factors. Would have thought there would be a surge in homebrewing ? (Posted by someone who has home distilled for 17 years ...)
60
60

DPD Track app
Has anyone attempted to download and setup the DPD App, to work on a mobile phone? All I wanted, was to track my parcel, so I could be in for it's delivery, but it insists you go online, on their...
13
13

Concrete floors v Block and beam
I have recently watched a few videos of extensions being built and noticed that in common with new builds ground floors are now solid concrete. However on one such build block and beam was used with...
16
16

Slightly OT: Car battery Load Tester
I have a need for a 12V load tester and, being of a certain age, I remember testers something like this type 'm wondering how the modern digital-type ones like this compare with the carbon pile ones?...
6
6

Damp survey
I have an internal damp issue on the driveway side of my 1930s semi. There's efflorescence on the enclosed under-stairs area, which also has exposed brickwork on that triangular under-stairs wall...
10
10

of these in London
Wake up, Khan, stop the agenda-loaded hounding drivers and concentrate on things providing facilities like this: <>[Safe] Warsaw Metro - Wikipedia
28
28

Cheapest Business Utillity Gas/Electricity supply.
Another Ronnie Corbet-esque story from the nontrepreneur. Not sure if anyone else here has a business property but there isn't any "comparison" sites as such for trying to find cheaper gas and...
1
1

RAC - chocolate teapot
I have the highest rank of cover with RAC breakdown assistance. Used their website (which their phoneline insists is the best way) mid-morning Monday to ask them to attend. Got an email saying "by...

DIY’d DHW failure…
System is a WB boiler suppling heat to the thermal store (Boilermate 2000). DHW is supplied on demand by a pump pushing heat-store water through a plate heat exchanger (and back to the store) with...
1
1

Combi hot water temperature.
I have a 39kW Worcester Bosch Greenstar II oil boiler. When the heating circuit is set to maximum temperature, about 70 degrees and is running, and the hot water is set to minimum (50 degrees) the hot...
17
17

Minimum to make wiring safe.
I have a small (only one 16A circuit) consumer unit piggy-backed onto the main CU. There is only a 3/8" gap between them so this could easily be sealed. The secondary CU is really only there because...
21
21

Why do I have no sympathy for these people?
I swear there are 100,000s of "propa Bri'ish" who are not really British and will discover it the hard way. This is going to be Windrush x 1000! I love it when people shoot themselves in the foot....
14
14

Alternative to Google Groups
This is only relevant for those people who read or post in that newsgroup using Google Groups. Google will discontinue Groups in Feb 2024. For those who do not know Usenet: Usenet is a distributed...
9
9

Reglazing spectacles
Any recommendations for firms since Richard's passing. Also wondering what's happened to our prurient electrician
11
11

Determining boiler size from serial number
We’re looking into getting an ASHP but I’m unsure of the capacity of our current Vaillant ecoMAX pro boiler as all our installation and other manuals are for 18 and 28kW boilers which I believe...
27
27