Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: More bad news for harry...
Solar panels take more energy than they make than they ever will generate in their lifetimes. "In other words, an electrical supply system based on today?s PV technologies cannot be termed an energy...
141
141

OT - mobile phones, messages, originator name, phishing - Xpost
I received a text message which didn't show a phone number but just the name PayPal. Now I had previously assumed that if the number wasn't in my phone book then I would just see the number. However...
14
14

Using Masonry paint in the paint pod.
Is it feasible to use masonry paint in the Dulux Paint Pod?

OT Hyperinflation
Came across this. Sounds a bit like the EUSSR. Hyperinflation - Wikipedia

Snail attack
Anyone ever had a problem with snails eating their wallpaper? Happened in an old flat but no damp problem. It's new wallpaper. Are they attracted to some kinds of wallpaper or is it just bad luck? How...
10
10

Audience, Insults and arguments required, pronto.
Any input found to be from yard sales will be considered. Reply to As an incentive, nastiest replies will be killfiled. I'm a housebuilder, I am.

lawnmower advice
Hello, I bought a Bosch electric lawnmower around 2001-2002. It has an induction motor, so it's fairly quiet. I have only had to change the capacitor once. I have two grumbles with it: if the grass is...
22
22

Competance of 'engineers' - Smart Meters
I don't eat anything during the day even when not travelling. I don't drink anything for breakfast anymore and still have a piss during the day unless I am tearing around in very hot weather. I'm not...
52
52

Star Wars day
May the fourth be with you.... May the 4th be with you! I have wood turned a Death Star out of bamboo plywood. The build consists of making two segmented halves that seam together at the trench. Each...
4
4

Fixing joist hangers into stone wall
We have 150 year old stone walls built with lime mortar, I need to replace the floor joists in the loft but dont want to cut out any more stone from the walls. The old joists vary between 100 x 100 to...
2
2

Jewson trade account
I have a biggish project coming up at the end of the month, so I set up a trade account with Jewson, my local builders merchant. They've just sent me a "trade price list". Taking a random item off...
25
25

Old trick, modern take...
(sure beats a pretty patterns from a couple of sine waves!) This project was funded successfully on Kickstarter back in 2015. Watch the finished thing: https://oscilloscopemusic.com/watch.php#album...
24
24

Gas water heater
Hi All I've just moved into a house that has hot water supplied by an electric immersion heater. The small cold water tank is the top part of the hot water cylinder. When running a bath the cold tank...
20
20

Granite as pizza stone
Hi all I have read a few articles about using granite as a pizza stone. Reports seem to be that it works fine. I have a spare bit of granite worktop so thought I would give it a go. Before I do I...
13
13

Good these Water Meter Surveys - NOT!
So SE Water want to do a "survey" to fit a compulsory meter on the supply. Appointment duly made - chap turns up - I point out where the incoming supply enters the farm off the A21 - stop cock in...
7
7