Subject Author Posted Replies

OT English Browser
Hi Found this today, got sick of the recurring irrelevant ad's. It seems more efficient, at least typing in Aer Lingus and Stena does not bring up the ridiculous lists of third party ticket pushers to...
4
4

Some jobs are best not started?
Some 15 months ago I bought a 7" reversing camera kit and this weekend I was foolhardy enough to fit it. The existing wireless camera had only a 2.5" screen, and worked well, but was difficult to see...
4
4

Starter capacitor rating for garden shredder
The starter capacitor for my Alko shredder has released its smoke and lava. It's marked as 25UF, 450V and the closest that CPC have are 20UF and 30UF. Would a 5UF difference be OK and if so is it best...
10
10

Re-pointing patio with mortar gun
I bought one of these a while ago, but haven't yet got around to using it. The mortar between the slabs in my patio is in a bad way, and I would like to replace it - and thought it would be a good...
5
5

OT Fast vans
Didn't think an Astra was capable of 132 mph. Perhaps ARW can advise. A GARAGE worker left magistrates astonished when they were told he had been clocked by police driving at 132mph in his Vauxhall...
4
4

Busted jigsaw motor - fixable?
My jigsaw started sparking and throwing out smoke, so I took it to bits, found a shorted coil in the motor, and disconnected it. But it's still doing this (sew video). Is there anything that can be...
25
25

OT Mercury transit on May 9.
Lots of BS about it here. I thought we were past middle ages superstition? SENSATIONAL claims have emerged linking today's transit of Mercury to a Biblical prophecy of destruction.
7
7

Always off spring loaded switch
it out but Id like to add a torpedo switch that was off when let go and onl y on when my finger was on it. Looked on Ebay but all are just ordinary swi tches. Is there such a thing as what I want. To...
6
6

Poll: lending tools
How many of you are happy to lend tools to neighbours?
18
18

Cutting thin board
I have to put electrical socket access holes in a backboard of a piece of furniture. I am not there just now so can't measure or anything but the board is the type on the back of chests of drawers etc...
22
22

Canada wildfire likely to burn for months
Canada wildfire likely to burn for months To watch this video, click here ( http://goo.gl/XYgCeV
3
3

OT: Is the NHS is effectively being scammed by some so-called "Private" dental practices?
Is the NHS is effectively being scammed by some so-called "Private" dental practices? Here's how it seems to work. A practice that was entirely NHS based now gradually becomes a mixed practice...
1
1

Using BT's public wi fi network
I am away from home at present, and, turning on the laptop, could not find any free wi fi access, but did find the BT wi fi-with-FON, so have paid, and it is working. Avast went ballistic, and offered...
28
28

OT: BBC prog on Ordnance Survey
The map of the eclipse had on the cover the scale: 10 miles to 1" - that's an awfully large scale, especially as it was describe as small scale. Still worth watching for a second time, having seen it...
30
30

Volvo V50 - opinions?
While i'm here, anyone had/got/experience of a Volve V50. I've been looking at a 2012 1.6 Diesel DrivE, up to 80mpg, free road tax. I've driven it and it was pleasant enough if a bit lacklustre (but...
24
24