Subject Author Posted Replies

BT to repair faults before they occur
Taken from an email from BT really giving notice of the price rises but trying to hide that behind with service improvements. "We promise to fix line faults faster than before: We want to put things...
11
11

Circuit board help needed
My c1973 Sony TC-252 Reel to reel tape recorder has long had an intermittent problem with the left channel which will become distorted and broken up on play back. There are two large buttons on the...
16
16

Drawer runners on Hammond Furniture fitted bedroom
The bedrooms in our house feature Hammonds Furniture - fitted some time ago (possibly as long ago as 1995). The drawer runners in one room are totall y trashed. Hammonds have tried but have no record...
6
6

OT: Electric cars worse than petrol
(Apologies for the second link). I wonder who'll feel guilty over having one....
22
22

What network for holiday phone data use
I think there are limits on usage over tethering. Their calls-over-wifi software works reasonably OK.
26
26

2 part filler
I used some 2 part filler to fix a rotten part of wood (2 inches) after sanding /smoothing I find I have opened up some air bubbles can I fill these in with 2 part filler? will it adhere or just come...
1
1

fan hole size in window
Ive a broken window pane in a bathroom, i went to the glaziers today and asked for a new pane with a circular hole for a fan but he asked how big a hole I said standard size but he said there is no...
4
4

Monument Stiffnuts Kit
Anyone ever tried the Monument Stiffnuts Kit? PS: They say "Can be used with a cordless drill on the lowest torque setting." I suspect they mean "Can be used with a cordless drill on the lowest speed...
4
4

Programmable LED dimmer ciruit
Looking for some sort of programmable circuit that can control a few LED lights for a small window display. It should be able to start then slowly fade up (if that's the right word) to full brightness...
11
11

Electric planes - why?
I'm not a bad carpenter (hobby only) and know all about hand-planing with the grain. How is it then that my electric plane rotates 'backwards'? If I go with the grain it chews it up, but 'against the...
17
17

Watering pot plants when on holiday
Is this likely to work. I have around 36 x 3 inch pot plants with seedlings. I intend to put them on a large tray sitting on several layers of newspaper, tilt the tray slightly so there is a deep &...
12
12

OT: global warming
Last week, a study in the prestigious journal Nature revealed just how much CO₂ increases have greened the Earth over the past three decades.
3
3

Aladdin Isolator Valve
Aladdin Isolator Valve I've just bought one, as I think the mains tap won't work in a flat I'm going to be working in. Has anyone else here used one? Seems a great idea, but I wonder what they are...
24
24

WTF was THAT ?!
Saturday afternoon, minding our own business, feeling *very* smug at having cut the grass before the threatened rain and thunder. Suddenly, from nowhere, a *massive* thunderclap - simultaneous with a...
46
46

OT-ish: Estate Agents advice, House selling timing
Hi all situation: a discussion amongst family members about putting a house on the market. We can do it 'now, in a hurry', or 'in a little while, maybe doing some mild tarting up'. An Estate agent is...
14
14