Subject Author Posted Replies

Cats
Never forget they have sharp claws. Just rescued one (trapped in a snare) and thats the thanks I get File:Tick.jpg - DIYWiki
11
11

Freehold
Has anyone bought their freehold? My shop is leasehold, I pay 57p every 6 months and the bill always includes a letter reminding me that if I want to break wind, I need to ask them first and enclose a...
50
50

Joists on purlin tip, something needed in between to spred the load?
my new flat roof joists are going to sit on the purlin, but it seems wrong to have them sitting on the point at the top, so should I make pieces of wood to sit in between and spread the load, how to...
17
17

Small dehumidifier
Is there a dehumidifier available which will fit underneath standard kitchen units, so about 5" high? Cheers
6
6

Honeywell hzm-855 pxa PTZ CAMERA
I've been supplied with a ptz dome camera ostensibly as a very visible dumm y but apparently it was working until its removal. Sadly by the chop the wi res off method. Sticking out of the bracket are...
2
2

OT - Car Specifications
What a load of drivel.
129
129

OT (again): Rats
What's professional strength about it? Its exactly the same strength as the stuff you can buy in B&Q.
10
10

Problem with Mozilla
this morning I cannot delete any messages from the in box of one of my several email addresses. Any ideas please? I have tried reloading to no avail.
2
2

Lazy gravel drive?
Neither of those two are known carcinogens. Acetylene isn't harmless on its own The next thing you will tell me is that Dihydrogen oxide is dangerous because its a simple hydrogen molecule with added...
57
57

OT: Airport security question
No security system is foolproof and it is easy to think up holes that might exist in ones we don't know anything about. However, if I were setting up the security, personal lockers would be before the...
43
43

OT co-op bank
The Co-op bank has just sent me an email advertising their upcoming new look for digital banking. The email contains some useful information about security Quote Online Security Please remember ? the...
4
4

OT. Ebay [Feedback]
Yes - that's my preferred for ebay these days - it's a very civilised system.
17
17

Crimped ferrules (?) on ends of 13A cables
See What is the correct name for them and where do I find them? I've googled and amazoned, but there are so many different kinds I can't see the wood for the trees. I've always tinned the wire strands...
103
103

Very OT
Has anybody here tried this? Claws Mail - Features
9
9

OT (?): Lithostatic pressure ...
How can I get to the age of 50, and never heard of this before ? (from which led to I love learning new stuff :) Swiss effectively disappear Alps: World's largest tunnel opens • The Register...
45
45