Subject Author Posted Replies

? regarding LED floodlamp with PIR
Just a cheapo off ebay but has worked fine for last 2 years. A few nights back it stopped working, on investigation I noticed the PIR had some water in it, apart from the perspex window the only other...
7
7

Tate Modern Does Something Sensible
"Tate Modern removes macaws as visitor numbers soar" (Of course, it is not the Guardian story that is salient.) Part of Tropicália installation temporarily removed on welfare grounds in anticipation...
4
4

Wheelie bin style
A neighbouring council has wheelie bins that look like this, but I've never seen them anywhere else. What is the hood for? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
87
87

Anti vandal paint
James Wilkinson a écrit : It is none sticky, until the surface is broken.
9
9

smelly floorboards
I am renovating a room that has been occupied by a person who had a urinary catheter. There were, inevitably, spillages, and now the carpet and underlay are up we discover that the floorboards smell...
9
9

OT(ish) - Amazon prices and review sites
I happen to be looking for a new HDD and am pricing up 3TB WD Red. Two review sites claim an Amazon price of around £82 but when I click through I get a price of around £88. Just wondering if the...
7
7

High(ish) pressure pipe clips
I have a bicycle track pump. The pipe that feeds the air to the tyre connects at the pump end onto a spigot and is clamped with what looks like some form of compression fitting. The pipe itself is...
11
11

'laser' distance measurement meters?
Cheap ones appear to measure distance ultra-sonically - the laser simply being a pointer which plays no part in the measurement. But do the expensive ones actually use the laser to make the...
1
1

Repairs to a pressure washer hose
The hose on my Bosch AHR150 pressure washer has a couple of pin holes with ensuing jets about 8 feet, always in undesirable directions and the pressure loss keeps the pump cycling every few seconds. I...
6
6

Where do I get the code for a car radio from?
The manual makes no mention of codes, I'd only expect them with a factory fitted radio But it does have a helpline phone number.
9
9

Chair leg protectors
Does anyone know where to buy chair leg protectors like these: Basicaly they are circular with the following side-profile: | | -------- Cheers. http://i67.tinypic.com/2mzz68h.jpg
1
1

DPD unpopular?
There are several different-but-related companies called DPD. DPD UK is not the same company as DPD Germany. See also DHL, which has an even more complicated corporate structure (with different bits...
15
15

How much for a CAT5e module?
You know those things and inch wide that clip into a face plate. I wanted four but can anyone guess how much I was quoted, each, including discount, on Friday?
13
13

Theatre Technology (a bit OT)
I went to see a performance of West Side Story at Kilworth House Theatre yesterday and found myself (as usual) looking at the lighting rigs. Later as the show started I was also reflecting on the...
22
22

OT I am expecting too much from the apprentices
Why should they be expected do it right when the Sky Sports football journalist does not even know the rules of Euro 2016?. FFS As we head into the final match day in the Euro 2016 group stages, we...
5
5