Subject Author Posted Replies

Sizing aircon
What size (split) aircon do I need for a 7m x 8m x 2.5m north facing bedroom?
21
21

Postage to and from Romania.
Was chatting on a forum which deals with such things to a Brit working in Romania. Seems there are quite a few. ;-) Basically he bought and assembled a car aftermarket injection ECU (MegaSquirt) to...
7
7

Frame fixings
My garage door frame is loose, presumably because the frame fixings have become loose in the incredibly soft "breezeblock" walls. I've tried tightening them up, without effect, so I was going to put...
9
9

Lidl track saw
:)
17
17

OT: Electric car batteries
Why has nobody ever thought of a removable electric car battery? You know how with a camping gas cylinder, you take it to be refilled, but they don't refill it while you wait, you simply get a full...
65
65

TOT: Prud daddy again!
Close Calls: On Camera is a BBC1 series. If you watch Episode 7 of Series 4 on BBC I Player, it features the case of the man crushed under a car when a bus hit it. The blond paramedic who was first on...
4
4

My new Indesit double oven has weird connections!
I won't be installing it myself, but as a matter of interest, I lifted the black plastic cover on the back panel just to have a look at the connection screws, and these seem to *tighten* by undoing...
19
19

OT Did someone post this earlier?
Still; a good one! EUSSR, the chicken farm. A light-hearted video from UKIP on why we should all Vote to Leave this Thursday, June 23. Don't be chicken, we're better off out! A light-hearted video...

Is my battery charger knackered?
I have a car battery charger with high/ low switch and 4 LED's: 2,4,6,8 I did something wrong connecting +ve to -ve or something, not really sure what. I would have expected the fuse to blow but what...
2
2

what paint can I use on a "brass"-painted fire trim?
What paint can I use on a "brass"-painted fire trim? The fire trim is new and came painted. I'd like to use a reddish-orangeish colour that isn't bright red, and the only option seems to be...
1
1

? regarding LED floodlamp with PIR
Just a cheapo off ebay but has worked fine for last 2 years. A few nights back it stopped working, on investigation I noticed the PIR had some water in it, apart from the perspex window the only other...
7
7

Tate Modern Does Something Sensible
"Tate Modern removes macaws as visitor numbers soar" (Of course, it is not the Guardian story that is salient.) Part of Tropicália installation temporarily removed on welfare grounds in anticipation...
4
4

Wheelie bin style
A neighbouring council has wheelie bins that look like this, but I've never seen them anywhere else. What is the hood for? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
87
87

Anti vandal paint
James Wilkinson a écrit : It is none sticky, until the surface is broken.
9
9

smelly floorboards
I am renovating a room that has been occupied by a person who had a urinary catheter. There were, inevitably, spillages, and now the carpet and underlay are up we discover that the floorboards smell...
9
9