Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this lad's accent?
It would not flow through you with that voltage.
8
8

Alpha CB33 Combi
So plausible explanations would be either the "proving" logic is stopping the ignition (e.g. air pressure switch or other tellback), or the igniter itself is shagged / disconnected...
12
12

bathroom cabinet wiring problem
I'm installing a bathroom cabinet that needs power and more specifically ea rth. it has demister / LED lights and infra red switch. The previous wiring (to the old cabinet) passed through the wall...
4
4

Shooting the messenger
Listening to the Euro stuff on the news as I sit here And there's all this stuff about how the EU officials are insisting that we do this and insisting that we do that and I can't help but come to the...
27
27

OT: British made motors take over the Mall
Yes, you've seen it before. This is something wonderful the BBC should now repeat at prime time and kill this 'slaying ourselves' attitude that seems to be breeding and making the UK IMO laughing...
12
12

Ball valve isn't what I thought
I've always thought of a ball valve as being what used to be called a ballcock. That is, a valve controlled by a float in a cistern or whatev er. I've just come to translate "válvula de bola" and...
6
6

RCD annoyance
RCD trips during the night - possibly during a thunderstorm. Won't turn back on. Disconnect and reconnect circuits one by one to find the one responsible. Completely repeatable: turn on the circuit...
7
7

Lithium batteries for Fire ignition
I've a gas fire that uses a Lithium battery Saft 2LSH20 for ignition. These come in at about an eye watering £40 each and last less than a year. I replaced it with 5 1.5V alkaline cells which are...
3
3

OT: Fom the people who rated subprime debt as 'AAA+'
Moodys down rates Britain position from 'stable' to 'negative'. To get an expert opinion that suits your narrative, just pay more.
6
6

OT: the triumvirate
Inspired by the Commando Monument near Spean Bridge I think the time has come to build a similar monument and erect it in a prominent public place. Just like the Commandos the three figures would be...
14
14

Turkeys
Pretty much all of you!
1
1

OT: another windows / office 2003 oddity
Using some flavour of Windows today. Probably 7 since it was helpfully asking me to allow it up upgrade to 10. And using Office 2003. The machine was set with the UK locale and so had UK-style dates...
2
2

Aldi 18v Li Ion circular saw
Sorry to post a power tool review on this EU discussion group. Aldi had the above on sale last week @ £69:99. 150mm circular saw, parallel guide, 1 hour charger, 24 tooth TCT blade, decent carry case...
1
1

A long night.
After a long night at the counting, I put a bunch of balloons and bunting on the large "VOTE LEAVE" sign outside my house. Got to bed at 0500. Big majority here, 60/40, in favour of leaving. Lots of...
2
2

OT: Post traumatic stress disorder
There was this fat ugly tattooed slag on the telly, a resident of Birstall. "My daughter's boyfriend saw it, he saw it with his own eyes! He might be traumatised!" You could see the pound signs in her...
68
68