Subject Author Posted Replies

OT First robot car fatality.
From the linked article: 'According to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the car's radar system deliberately ignores objects high up, so that overhead road signs do not cause the car to brake.'
82

VW the EU UK & USofA
What financial loss did VW owners suffer that merits compensation? Perhaps if there is a measurable loss of second hand value a tew hundred poiunds compensation might be justified, but I have no idea...
7
7

Keeping the screw in the WH40 soldering iron from getting stuck (again)
+1
10
10

Hmmm... How many batteries could you charge in 8 hours?
And the air would be lighter in the loft eh. ;-) Don't have one ... but a mate does. Well, he has the (very deep) holes in the ground filled with pipes that terminate in a manifold in his garage and...
24
24

when I googled for electrical house wiring circuit definition ukdiy came in at number one!
when I googled for electrical house wiring circuit definition ukdiy came in at number one! About 190,000,000 results (0.42 seconds) Search Results House Wiring for Beginners - DIYWiki - uk.diy wiki -...
1
1

Contactless banks cards again
PeterC a écrit : Range is a couple of inches and readers are easily confused by other contactless cards in the same wallet. Even a single thickness of alloy foil between card and reader is enough to...
20
20

Isolation valves - a question
I'm talking about the little 15mm in-line, often scewdriver operated ball valves for isolating plumbed-in tiems, in this case a Myson fan radiator. They are marked with a flow direction; is this: a)...
19
19

simple way to provide mains delay?
I have a flow switch providing detection of DHW draw off. I want it to operate a pump ... but not straight away (i.e. small am mount of DHW drawn off) anybody know a simple way to delay a main signal....
13
13

making thicker bleach (shower grout)
I've been working on tidying up the grout in the shower by applying thick bleach with a paintbrush, leaving it for a while, then rinsing it off. I'm wondering --- would it be more effective if I made...
35
35

OT: and back to a traditional debate! UK to set new emissions target
Climate change: UK to set new emissions target Emissions to be cut to 52% of 1997 values by 2032. And that seems to include households and vehicles, not just electricity generation. Bearing in mind...
40
40

Cleaning brass
I'm doing a refurbishing job on an 80 year old steam pond yacht at the moment. I'm half way through the repaint job which is going well. This has lots of variously shaped brass fittings with all the...
20
20

To flush or not to flush (CH)
I'm coming to the end of the first year in this house and seeing as winter is nearly here thought I should get the boiler checked which is booked for Monday. However I now wonder whether I should get...
16
16

USS Monitor webcams
For anyone interested in the Monitor, its preservation tanks are being periodically drained and refilled, and are visible via webcam. I visited this museum a few years ago, when I worked at the Ford...

Are there cheap VHF signal strength meters?
Have you any attenuators? Resistor network? Alternatively construct an LC aerial to radiate? Just a couple of thoughts.
9
9

CCTV installation
I have some RCA leads with an inbuilt 12V flying lead for a 12V supply which came with a car camera. Maybe a BNC version exists.
10
10