Subject Author Posted Replies

Oil Tank Question
My oil tank is: Length= 5ft, Height = 4ft, Width = 2ft. It holds 1100 litres My question is, how much oil is represented by 1 inch on a dipstick? Regards and thanks in advance Syke
15
15

OT Bandwidth to stream audio show - isp
I've been trying to find out which (if any) isp is better to sign up for to enable streaming audio. A few chaps here (not me) want to run a weekly radio show. The www articles explain the bandwidth...
6
6

Doomed! We're doomed
The wet sheep and flowerpots of the olympic european commune have truned th eir attention to Antarctica in orde to warm things up: What was once a good thing for Adélie penguins is becoming too much...
1
1

Aging Fimo
We have a considerable collection of small items made from Fimo - the plastic clay stuff - things like buttons and badges. They have been hanging around for perhaps 20 years or more - mostly kept in a...
4
4

Legrand electrical things
Today I got a message at work from partner. Pull cord switch for bathroom light is broken. Not the usual things like the cord unknotting, or the whole thing falling off the ceiling. But a tiny bit of...
2
2

Old boiler engineers
Hi all, Mum has an old wall mounted, low capacity, b/f conventional gas boiler and she's trying to keep it running till she revamps the kitchen. It works fine (for what she needs anyway) but now and...
12
12

Tough brass
This mornings task, was to make a 1" OD pulley for a small rope, which raises the bin lids to make it easy to put rubbish in the wheelie bins in their shed. I fished out a bit of scrap brass which had...
8
8

Joining wooden slats for table
Have some slats off a bed 17.5 x 67 mm. Making a small circular outdoor table. 3 legged so it doesnt wobble. I want to join the slats together (to each other) I suspect to thin to use screws. How best...
26
26

Rubble sacks
Rubble sacks are over £3 for ten at the local hardware store. Bags for life are 10p each at the local supermarket. They are almost as tough as the rubble sacks, and both get buggered up by the old...
7
7

Looking for PVC/Vinyl glue suitable for flexible vinyl
I know this exists, we got a tiny little tube of it with our water bed and it works well. It's just clear glue that welds the vinyl but doesn't dry hard. However I can't find anything that's obviously...
12
12

Insurance quotes
Is this a con. It cost me 60 pence to get suspicious. They had already got the date for my insurance expiry wrong but the scam came the day after I h ad phoned Compare the market up One Call Direct...
3
3

testing a smart battery charger
Any simple way to check if a 'Smart' battery charger is still 'Smart' I'm unceerain about one we have and don't want to risk using it if it is faulty. Tanks in advance
3
3

Modifying a soundbar
I have a car radio/ CD player in the kitchen which fits nicely out of the way underneath a row of wall cupboards with a suitable cut-out in the trim. The speakers are on top of the cupboards, quite...
14
14

IT Upgrade & stuff
First off, I've nearly come to the end of my 305m drum of Cat5e and have more to run for IP cameras etc. Any particular cables to be avoided? Likewise with a rack/cabinet and patch panel to help tidy...
15
15

Rust in bathroom.
Howdy all. Anything ferrous in our bathrooms goes rusty. Like chromed soap dishes etc. I'm wondering if it's got something to do with the water softener, that is, the slight increase in salt content....
6
6