Subject Author Posted Replies

Mr Pounder's instructional video
There was an excellent video on how to use a CO2 extinguisher on Youtube a while back, by our very own Mr Pounder. But for some reason he's deleted it. I wonder if he's embarrassed by it? Show you are...
41
41

Some excellent pix/DIY projects?
some very interesting Photos.pps - Google Slides

Punch down connectors
I have a requirement for punchdown connectors for a patch panel in a network wiring application. I can find connectors for cat 5 joining at a price, but can't find a source of strips of punch down...
22
22

OT: Odd
Strange, but I don't see what harm he did. A man has been arrested for appearing to drunkenly have sex with a parked van.
13
13

Meter put indoors?!
I just visited someone's house which was built a year or so ago on a new estate. Her meter is inside the house! My house was built in 1979, and even it has an outdoor meter box. What's more, her meter...
16
16

Help - damaged the self assembly bookcase
In a momentarily loss of concentration I picked up the 1" screws to attach a fixing when I should have used the 1/2" screws - so I've broken through to the other side of a chipboard laminated...
14
14

OT: Contacting Amazon about broken item under warranty
As per title: an item I bought last year that is still under warranty has died. I cannot find anywhere on their website how to contact them about this though. Only thing relevant that I managed to...
11
11

White Oak doors - maintaining "light" colour
New doors fitted. Howdens "linear oak" internal and a front door. Varnished the outside face of the external door with their suggested Sadolin Clearcote satin but as expected the "white" colour has...

Pre-formed pond liner: adjust the shape?
We've got a plastic pre-formed pond liner that has sunk in one corner. The liner has a lip that curls outwards and if I could straighten that out in an upwards direction the extra height would be...
2
2

Red and black cables
If Brexit goes ahead, can we have black, red and green electric wiring colours back? I always thought 'red for danger' was a clearer message. Scott
105
105

OT Brave New World?
Sent to me by Email. It's rather long but very interesting. Mo Dr. Robert Goldman MD, PhD DO, FAASP – Personal Website of Antiaging & Sports Medicine Pioneer
30
30

Push fit plumbing
I am about to replace a mixer tap the old one has been plumbed in with 15mm push fit fittings see below; The new one has flexible tails, so just a case of cutting the pipes at some convenient point...
4
4

Bonding rubber to rubber
Is there a glue or some other way to bond sheet rubber to sheet rubber? This is not as kinky as it sounds. The sort of rubber I'm thinking about is the sort in CV joint gaiters, and the joint needs to...
27
27

Friction brake on patio doors.
How does this work? In my last house I opened the french doors and pushed the handle down and this locked in the open position. Dont know how it worked, I think German doors. In this house nothing...

OT: Water RESISTANT iphone
So Apple are just announcing their latest phone will be water RESISTANT. When do we get waterproof ones? I hardly ever take my phone with me incase it rains. And no I don't have an apple one and never...
29
29