Subject Author Posted Replies

help before bedtime-the bath is vibrating
My bath is making a distinct hum. I have switched the mains water off, open ed and closed the taps, sink,bath,kitchen and outside and still the bath is humming. I can feel it vibrate. The last few...
5
5

What tape for plasterboard joints?
I've just built an inner room in the workshop (for grinding and dust collection) and want to paint the bare plasterboard to brighten it up. Is there a recommended tape I can put over the joints (it...
5
5

Thread on bolt and nut on clock mechanisim
Problem with thread on hollow bolt, and thread on nut, both on electronic clock mechanism.. I have purchased a replacement Pendulum Clock Movement (see link to pictures). There is a problem with the...
4
4

Easy Surface Prep - ESP by Owatrol
I would be interested to hear any views of ESP by Owatrol. "Bonds paint and varnish to all shiny and smooth surfaces." Is it really as good at adhesion to the object as it says it is or only good at...
2
2

Glue for EPDM strip to plywood.
I have some 12mm U section 2mm thick EPDM rubber channel which I want to glue to the edge of 12mm plywood for protection and buffering. I see large tins of EPDM roofing adhesive, but I don't really...
5
5

Timer light switch
Does anyone still make these? I want something that replaces a conventional light switch and incorporates a timer to switch lights on and off. The only one I can find is a "Greenbrook T40S-C" at...
15
15

I am deserving of a medal (maybe)
On the drive home from Wales earlier in the year with the caravan in tow, the TV bounced out of its cupboard and fell a couple of feet. After which the picture kept breaking up. Pulled it apart to...
91
91

Replacing dimmer switch with LED compatible?
I have a floor-standing 'mother and child' lamp which I rather like (doubles as a low-level ambient light and a full-on spot-light to help my failing eyesight to read comfortably. Looks similar to...
15
15

OT: Germany, an example to us all?
Or just another 'warning from history' European stocks reversed course mid-morning on Tuesday as weakness in banks, led by another drop to record lows for Deutsche Bank, once again weighed on markets.
24
24

faulty water pump
We store water in a large tank and access it via an electric pressure pump. THis type has an 8 litre water container mounted on it which the pump pressurises. Lately when a tap is turned on the...
5
5

OT:Grrrrr - Linux !
Been happily running Linux for years. Been happily connecting in via X2Go - for years. Been happily using Calibre - for years. Calibre has stopped working. Clicking the icon - nothing. Run from...
2
2

Silencing a genarator the professional way
What do you do when you are a developer who has moved in residents in a new development under construction before the mains gets connected. You put in a couple of generators that annoy people so much...
11
11

Just been scammed
Just looked at my bank statement and someone has scammed me out of £33 7. I hardly ever use that card anywhere as I use credit cards that give bon uses. Bloke at the bank will refund me and get plod...
5
5

The night time toilet light
Has been a popular query here, the provision of a constantly burning nightlight so nocturnal trips to the loo happen without incident. On that, Big Clive has found a chinese PIR solution. Nocturnal...
3
3

Lawn edgers
She forced me into the garden again today to fight with the useless strimmer in order that her lawn edges were neatened up. This was the usual nearly 2 hours of broken strimmer cord, rewinding the...
11
11