Subject Author Posted Replies

OT(ish) - tyre rating labels
I'm looking for a replacement tyre for the spare which (I think) must be around 10 years old (if not older; we have had the car for about 10 years and I don't remember changing the spare at any time)....
30
30

OT: The birds and the wasps ...
I'm starting war on a wasp nest, and have done the first drowning with wasp form aimed at spot under the roof eves. Lots of pissed off wasps are now droning. Interested in the killing contents of the...
4
4

Hobby Kiln, 13A socket, any suggestions?
I'm thinking of buying a small hobby kiln for firing clay cups, models etc. Something with a space about 250mm x 250mm x 250mm . ideally it would plug into a 13A socket (yes some do). Does anyone have...
32
32

Separation distance from sink to CU?
In the back of my garage/workshop I have a Belfast sink with tap, and about 550mm above the sink is the consumer unit. In preparation for a possible house move next year I've been looking through the...
4
4

Problem must be at my end - any ideas?
LLOYDS BANK 1930h 25 SEP 16: Just looked at my bank statement and someone has scammed me out of £33 7. I hardly ever use that card anywhere as I use credit cards that give bon uses. Bloke at the bank...
8
8

Gaps on top of 13A sockets
I have a couple in the conservatory where the plaster is bowed in, leaving a 3mm gap on top of the socket in the centre section. OK - it's not really unsafe, but it is in breach of the regs which is...
5
5

Removal of Blu-Tack?
A 17-y-o friend has contrived to get Blu-Tack, now semi-dried, on the inside of a leather or pseudo-leather belt, trousers for the holding of up with. I've looked at Bostik's Blu-Tack Web pages, at...
5
5

Car bag-dehumidifier
Do the de-humidifier bags that sit on a car dashboard work? Do you have to dry them out regularly? OR what?
8
8

First radiator bleed of the year ...
And was surprised that a few radiators (admittedly the taller ones for bathroom, and cloakroom) had quite a bit of air in - so much that the boiler pressure (which has held steady at 1.5 bar over...
5
5

OT: nixie tubes
Chap is annoyed that big nixie tubes are no longer available, so decides to start making them himself ... I like the lab equipment by IKEA, you can see why the first run of finished six digit clocks...
32
32

Radiator problem
One radiator on the top floor of my house remained cold when I turned on the heating today. I bled it, and a large amount of air came out. The radiator became hot, and I thought the problem was...
8
8

Wrought Iron Rust
I moved into a previously owned house that has many decorative wrought iron items, including a swinging entry gate. As expected, many have rust. Given the numerous "nooks and crannies", how does one...
33
33

Plume management
Hmmm...Extension built, now the exhaust from the Worcester boiler steams the bedroom window up. Also, I wouldn't like to have the window open. So, a plume management kit looks like the thing to do....
3
3

OT: electric adjustable bed needed
A disabled friend of mine is looking for a single bed that's electrically a djustable in height and has the ability to raise the top of the mattress to a sitting-up position. There's no shortage of...
6
6

ALDI wet/dry vacuum
Got round to unpacking the beast. Excellent for