Subject Author Posted Replies

Heating an empty property
We have a mid-terraced house that's going to be stood empty for a few months. It's suffered a bit from dampness in the past so I think we should keep the heating on to some degree now that we're...
22
22

New S60 phone with built in FLIR
This years christmas present perhaps ??. Designed by the same people who did the new Ektra phone for Kodak. Andrew
1
1

OT: Expanding universe question.
Maybe not the right place to ask. Or maybe exactly the right place to ask, since I think there are some here interested in this sort of thing? Anyway, be gentle with me :-) We're told that nothing can...
66
66

mouting a handrail to the top edge of a 4 x 2 beam.
Has anyone found the brackets to do this?
10
10

Back up to Green Power
Is this sort of thing common? http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/power-station-to-replace-green-energy-will-run-on-diesel/story-29823524-detail/story.html
31
31

Can't open my old PVC front door (gearbox seems shot). Help!
Hello friends, My old UPVC front door won't open, as of this morning. The key turns foreve r, but it is not releasing the lock. It has a multipoint espagnolette lock with 4x mushroom studs, very much...
17
17

OT Converting CO2 to ethanol
High‐Selectivity Electrochemical Conversion of CO2 to Ethanol using a Copper Nanoparticle/N‐Doped Graphene Electrode - Song - 2016 - ChemistrySelect - Wiley Online Library
4
4

Free money
Just paid £5000 for a cruise to NYC in 2018 and shoved it onto a 48 mo nth interest free card while my cash makes 7.7% in BP share dividends. If y ou have a 5* credit rating, there are no end of...
20
20

Mobility scooter anti-tip wheels
Eleven quid each seems a bit much for these, to me anyway. Anyone got an alternative supplier of little wheels? We stock a wide range of mobility scooters, including parts and spares. Also available...
10
10

OT Ping Chris Hogg again re wildflowers
You may remember giving me help a while ago. I have these - Country Garden in my front garden. Most have died, but the light mauve coloured ones are still excellent. Dunno the name of them. My...
8
8

Loud clattering noise from freezer when compressor starts
Our Bosch fridge freezer has started to make a loud and ominous clattering noise as the compressor starts up, it then continues to run quietly. There's a recording of it on my Google Drive The...
9
9

Windows 10 updating
Twice in the last 24 hours my computer has rebooted and spent a long time updating Windows 10. Why 2 large updates in such a short period?
65
65

DIY fun
Had lots of little jobs to do this week. 1) Get rid of old PVC window frame and glass. Bought Butane torch and melted corners of frame so I could fold it into a s mall enough size to take to the tip....
53
53

Disconnecting water supply to Worcester Bosch Greenstar boiler
Hi. I want to fit a lever-operated ball valve to the mains water feed to my boiler. When I chop the feed pipe and fit the valve, inevitably, I'll end up introducing some air into the pipe. Does anyone...
2
2

I have an old Potterton fireside black beauty 35/51 back boiler keeps turning off pilot light
Hello I hope someone can help with this one. I have an old Potterton fireside black beauty 35/51 back boiler. until this morning it was running fine. It flamed up fine and the heating/water came one...
10
10