Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Duracell leakage
Once upon a time, Duracell used to guarantee to replace any equipment damaged by leakage from a Duracell battery. Now I find that leakage is commonplace if the battery is left for a long time. Does...
11
11

"Electreck" LED light bulbs
Am puzzling about where I bought some "Electreck" LED light bulbs. They're regular 22mm bayonet fit and the usual old shape. But the glass bulb is miniature size. 3W power. Google and Bing keeps...
6
6

Repair to peeeling leather "executive" office chair arms
The thin leather on my office chair is peeling, showing fabric beneath. I have scanned the adverts but I find them a bit contradictory. Has anyone attempted this?
5
5

How to drive Fischer Novo Rad
Hi, A few years ago a friend’s landlady said she was going to replace the big old storage heaters with “modern efficient heaters”. In the event only the one in the lounge was changed and the two...
4
4

Asking for a friend. No, really[1]
The owner of a Nespresso capsure coffee machine understands that Nespresso warns against the use of third-party capsules. Other brand capsules (they say) are made differently and may damage the...
20
20

OT: Stupid solar investment question
If, say under a rock I found £10,000 and it were now totally mine, would I be in a better off position after 10 years, finding an average managed investment fund to stuff it in (SIPP) and watch it...
16
16

People drinking less ..
Because of the price, amongst other factors. Would have thought there would be a surge in homebrewing ? (Posted by someone who has home distilled for 17 years ...)
60
60

DPD Track app
Has anyone attempted to download and setup the DPD App, to work on a mobile phone? All I wanted, was to track my parcel, so I could be in for it's delivery, but it insists you go online, on their...
13
13

Concrete floors v Block and beam
I have recently watched a few videos of extensions being built and noticed that in common with new builds ground floors are now solid concrete. However on one such build block and beam was used with...
16
16

Slightly OT: Car battery Load Tester
I have a need for a 12V load tester and, being of a certain age, I remember testers something like this type 'm wondering how the modern digital-type ones like this compare with the carbon pile ones?...
6
6

Damp survey
I have an internal damp issue on the driveway side of my 1930s semi. There's efflorescence on the enclosed under-stairs area, which also has exposed brickwork on that triangular under-stairs wall...
10
10

of these in London
Wake up, Khan, stop the agenda-loaded hounding drivers and concentrate on things providing facilities like this: <>[Safe] Warsaw Metro - Wikipedia
28
28

Cheapest Business Utillity Gas/Electricity supply.
Another Ronnie Corbet-esque story from the nontrepreneur. Not sure if anyone else here has a business property but there isn't any "comparison" sites as such for trying to find cheaper gas and...
1
1

RAC - chocolate teapot
I have the highest rank of cover with RAC breakdown assistance. Used their website (which their phoneline insists is the best way) mid-morning Monday to ask them to attend. Got an email saying "by...

DIY’d DHW failure…
System is a WB boiler suppling heat to the thermal store (Boilermate 2000). DHW is supplied on demand by a pump pushing heat-store water through a plate heat exchanger (and back to the store) with...
1
1