Subject Author Posted Replies

Peglar Terrier valve sticking.
Just freed up another TRV tonight and thought I'd share. Most of my Peglar Terrier TRV's have now stuck open at some point - on removing the valve head the actuator pin appears stuck, and will not...

OT: When choosing an SSID for your wifi network dont choose..
21 Daish...especially in France. Teen in the dock on terror apologist charge for naming Wi-Fi network 'Daesh 21' • The Register
13
13

Unfused plug
Ebay purchase, charger has a small moulded plug, which given it's size presumably un-fused. I could snip it off and fit a proper one. In any case a fault that would render the lead/wire/flex/cable...
25
25

Correct tool for the job Pt2
18870 tracks on 160GB via Sennheiser IE800s.
3
3

Cold radiator - help diagnosing problem please
One of the downstairs radiators is now ice cold - was working fine until a couple of days ago. It has a TRV on one end and a valve on the other. Tried so far: - Open/close both TRV and valve several...
9
9

Cycle storage solution
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cwfivb_WIAAFKcp.jpg
24
24

Cold Radiators
Hi All, I have an issue with a couple of my downstairs radiators in that they never seem to warm up completely, namely they are cool at the bottom and warmish at the top (but never toasty). I'm...
6
6

Further the Brian's "Costing the Earth". (Nuclear power).
This bears a look at. The lies about nuclear power economics that only came out when they were appraised for privatisation. Nuclear power has a whole history of lies about it's true costs. And have...
6
6

Compression ratio
What sort of compression ratios would LPG work best at? I noticed a diesel in the conversion shop this morning. Is butane high octane. I imagine it is better than alcohol but don't have a clue where...
6
6

Getting a plumbing nut back on!
I can not get the nut to go back on the radiator valve/tail. Why I don't kn ow... nothing's been changed that end, it got a new TRV the other end. The nut just begins to grip a little then lets go....
13
13

Repeated power outages - how to resolve root cause
My office has just had a power failure (one phase down, so lost power on one floor). We had low voltage (around 208v according to the UPS) from 15:00 and finally lost power at 19:30. This is the third...
2
2

Self tappers for uPVC conservatory
Any one with experience of screwing... into conservatory :) I want to mount some LED strips: onto the plastic "cove" that runs under the roof. 2 options, having pulled one off: It's very heavy gauge...
10
10

Too many o-ring sizes?
On trying to use a Karcher 520 pressure washer which I hadn't used for a couple of years, the output pressure was obviously low, and water was coming out of the plastic case. Looked like a seal or two...
6
6

Baxi Barcelona issues
Baxi Barcelona, under service contract - in May this year started giving intermittent ?explosive ignition? ? when it happens gives a seriously loud bang This boiler had been upgraded to 100HE spec...
17
17

Apprentice weekly update
We were in separate vans working in Epworth. At home time (I take a van home to Barnsley he has to drop the van off at the unit in Doncaster and pick up his car) The daft sod followed me northbound...
4
4