Subject Author Posted Replies

Mystery Aqualisa shower leak
Installed 1995 and OK until someone else used it! The thermostatic shower body outlet is plumbed in 22mm copper and now leaking at the seal. Bearing in mind this is the low pressure side, I expected...
6
6

uk.d-i-y Wiki
Is there a warning that DIY in the bathroom should always be done with the loo lid closed (especially when lots of tiny components are involved)? Is it in big block capitals? Wet-hand Sam
4
4

"Shotgun" satellite cable opinions.
Just installed a new satellite dish to replace the nasty rusty old one. Nice new high gain LNB as well. Currently I'm reusing the 20+ year old old cabling, but given I would really like to re-route it...
6
6

Welcome to the Capita Share Portal
Under "Do I need to know anything technical" We have designed the site to be best viewed in the following browsers: Internet Explorer versions 6 and 7, and Mozilla Firefox versions 1, 1.5 and 2 If you...

Strange car radio power wiring - just wondered
Strange radio wiring. This is just for interest, am not trying to fix anything (for a change)! An ancient Nissan Micra K11 radio - wiring to the radio has these wires for power. 2 wires. (The rest all...
8
8

FREE electric, no gas, insurance, boiler worries and free CH
As I now have a free electric supply due to BG's cock up. I am getting full electric CH, scrapping the CH insurance and removing the old boiler. £85 pm saved. Won't get an electric car though.
11
11

What use for WW2 steel ?
Would this be pre-nuclear, so of use calibrating things ? Three Dutch World War Two ships considered war graves have vanished from the bottom of the Java Sea, the Dutch defence ministry says. All...
23
23

More LED oddities.
Flier from Toolstation today:- LED GU 10 5w (equiv 55w) (1.80 each as part of a 5 pack) GLS style 8w (equiv 60w) (2.50 each as part of a 6 pack) A mains GU 10 halogen is probably as efficient as mains...
8
8

Where is the surplus tile store in E.London - match old tiles...?
Where is the surplus tile store in E.London - it's a huge place that stocks discontinued types of tiles. I went there once but I've lost the details. I'm in Kensington, so anything closer would be...
2
2

ISA - is this normal?
I have a bit of cash put by in an ISA account, which is earning next to no interest. I have not added anything to the account for some years, it has just sat there. A certain building society pays a...
14
14

OT: EU more expensive than my ex-wife
If there was any better reas9on to leave hard and fast and give the EU the finger, I haven't seen one.
23
23

OT: Remoaning the good news.
Yep, despite Brexit and with companies queuing up to locate in Britain., and with unemployment at an all time low of 4.8%.... ...someone has managed to find SOMEONE who is 'pessimistic' Project Fear...
27
27

From garden pond automatic filler to antenna trimmer
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxXvwNWUcAAcztQ.jpg
6
6

DIY 4 leaf clover - well the frame at least
We have an ALFA and it saved our 7000 mile holiday from disaster, just like in the legend. Some tragedy, some luck, and Enzo Ferrari https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxXourTVEAASz2A.jpg
10
10

slate roof vent for bathroom extractor
The slates are 10" wide with felt beneath. There is a bewildering choice of plastic vents / cowls including one - Lap Vent - installed from below which would avoid paying a roofer to go up. Anyone...