Subject Author Posted Replies

Plumbing tip of the day
Added a new radiator at the weekend, to a vented system which I had recently added new inhibitor. New rad is on top floor and I had laid on the pipework previously, so only a towel rail needed...
9
9

chinese copy dyson hand held vacuum cleaner
these chinese copies are a third of the price. anyone any experience of them ? DIHL CORDLESS 130W Hand held Vacuum Cleaner Rechargeable 21.6V Stick Vac Bagless - £49.99. FOR SALE! Next-day...
12
12

Cyclone dust separators for woodwork
I have a pretty powerful extract system available in my garage (BEAM whole house vac), but this puts huge volumes of shaving & dust down the pipes ?. So thought about installing a Cyclone-separator ?...
11
11

Glasses "smear" ?
Being mildly short sighted, I wear spectacles for driving & TV. My current pair I bought for £14 online in 2012. Despite regular eye checks, my prescription varies so little, opticians have never...
7
7

Shameless plug for Reliant Robin in need of new loving home.
Reaching out to anyone that might be or might know of any "eccentric" lovers of Reliant Robins. My mum is selling her Reliant Super Robin (Mk1) after having it for 30 years. Needs a bit of TLC in a...
5
5

5kW LED lamp
Yes, 5 kilowatts. Water-cooled. For when 5W just won't do it. In part two of the 1kW water-cooled LED module build, I'm claiming the record for the world's most powerful LED light with all five 1kW...
7
7

Correct tool for the job Pt5
Going for a bike ride with my mate tomorrow - got the route entered on my Garmin Edge 1000 already. Someone will no doubt have a fern that will clip to your bars like this though that doubles as a...

OT: press standards
For reasons irrelevant to the point I'm going to make, I've been studying a range of local newspapers from 1951. I mean studying them closely, dissecting individual items. It's mostly little local...
12
12

Lithium batteries
Selling a camera that has a spare Lithium battery, anyone know of how I can legally post this, as the post office refuses unless the battery is in the item being sold. I could I suppose sell without...
14
14

Replacing dead TRV
The conclusion of my question earlier this week was that a TRV on one of my downstairs radiators needs replacing. I was advised by a friend that all that is required to replace it was: 1. Turn off...
29
29

Re: aldi air compressors
Mine had a pretty cheap petrol jetwash a couple of weeks back, they do v= ery good deals now and then. -- = My ex-wife was temperamental. 90% temper and 10% mental.
6
6

Guess what did this cut:-)
He took his bandage off today. Clue - two words
20
20

OT: Amazon packaging
I know they have a limited number of box sizes, but whoever packed this was completely daft. http://i67.tinypic.com/jievzs.jpg
12
12

Fitting a carpet
I need to carpet a room, going to use it as an office. I know a guy who will do it cheap but he's always busy. I would have thought that the cutting was where the skill was but this room hasn't any...
4
4

Payback time on new CH?
Brief background; visiting a friend with very old central heating - reminds me of what was in our last house when we moved in in 1984. An old Glow-worm 85 100 floor standing lump of iron. Kettles like...
17
17