Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Plastic moulding.
OT - but maybe less OT than most posts here. Old car has the common enough plastic lenses to the sidelights which are screwed in place. Just a plain plastic (of some sort) moulding. And they are...
16
16

Which glue?
Needs to stick glass to metal & paper. Needs to be fully clear in a thin film. E6000 has been recommended but the toxic solvent makes in unsuitable for indoor use. I've suggested trying a siff clear...
7
7

Passing gas
I have a cabinet gat heater that won't light. Gas is getting through but the pilot light won't catch and I can not get the flame lit with a lighter. I think it is in the clicker switch but have no...
7
7

Fixing my Dashcam
After RTFM "When affixing the mount to the window the ambient temp must be 21-38 decrees C" What the !!!! You mean that I have to wait until July before I can use it? Anyone any comments BTW where is...
32
32

creosote
20l drum of creosote had hard lumos in the bottom and lots of sludge. Is this any where in the region of normal ?
6
6

OT: Diesel Engines (again)
In a modern common-rail injection system, fuel is drawn from the tank via a conventional low pressure pump of the kind not dissimilar to petrol engines, then fed to a high pressure pump which produces...
31
31

X Reg Ford Ka. Has anyone experienced this noise?
My wife's car has just started to produce noises that can only be described a strange, from the Steering Wheel. When it is turned it sounds as if the re is a small wire brush inside the area just...
9
9

Glass blocks
Number one daughter wants a glass block 'wall' in their en suite to act as a shower screen. Not something I'd tackle & they are having trouble finding a builder willing to tackle the job as well....
15
15

CH leaks
We have a problem with pressure loss in our central heating system. Topping up each day and loosing 1bar or so in a matter of hours shows something is wrong. Brit. Gas have said there must be a leak...
63
63

BA: £55 for Bosch SDS+ Drill
Only a green Bosch, but this seems cheap for a 2Kg SDS+ drill. Bosch PBH 2100 Rotary Hammer Drill - 550W - £55 1.7 J/stroke. http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4116354
4
4

Boiler puzzle
Worcester 28i 15 years old. Remote thermostat. Segmented clock timer. Does not start central heating in the morning although hot water is fine. However central heating ignites and system works...
1
1

What's it called?
The dash board light on my (heritage ) car are strange ones. They are filament but there is no metal base, the wires just emerge from a glass capsule and are bent over. It just pushes into the holder....
10
10

winter heating allowance
never having claimed any allowances from the gov WHY do they make the rules for winter heating SO unfathomable ? ...
114
114

Cashless society?
Went to Waitrose yesterday and used coupons to get £80 off, but when t he cashier was ready for the cards it rejected all three due to a faulty re ader, so I had to go outside and get £140 in real...
5
5

How can I sense hot water flow?
Our kitchen hot water tap is always getting left on because it is low flow and you cannot hear it running - and there is no point in shouting at the f amily because there is only two of us here and we...
15
15