Subject Author Posted Replies

Proper tool for the job Pt8

OT - What you always kew about Smart Meters
And the govmint has known for 4 years:
34
34

The Science of DIY @ Radio4X
The Science of DIY The Wheelbarrow 1/5 Len Fisher and fellow experts reveal the importance of leverage when conveying a load. The Science of DIY A Chip off the Old Block 2/5 Len Fisher and fellow...
3
3

Domestic water hardener?
Okay, if soft water is widely considered to be a significant cause of heart disease, what's the simplest way of hardening a supply of drinking water in a domestic situation where the supply is...
12
12

Low tack custom vinyl stickers?
I'm after a service like: but without the £50 min order (£20 would be acceptable). I want to produce a number of really pukka one-off vinyl labels for various signage in the house (2 CUs breaker...
12
12

Fire Alarms and Fluorescent Lights
Installation instructions state at least 1.5 metres away from any fluorescent light. Does this include cfls and would any similar restriction apply to LED lighting?
5
5

Cross Channel power link broken
Ohhhh shit :- But the mediuhh seem to be concerned that the UK will suffer when we cannot get enough power from French nuclear power, except that recently the leccy seems to be going the other way....
7
7

Main sewer pipe anomaly
A CCTV sewer investigation survey , principally on neighbourhood 150 and 225mm and 300mm pipe runs has shown that the area outflow 450mm is permanently filled with foul water for about .8 kilometres...
7
7

Connecting LED Lighting Tape
Thanks to answers here I now have bought the transformer and lighting tape. The transformer has a two wire 240v input as you'd expect - two tails What's the preferred way to connect a new mains cable...
6
6

Moving a ceiling light
I want to move the ceiling fitting from the red cross to the blue cross in the first floor, all wiring in the attic space, however where the junction box will be gives only approx 50 cms head room...
3
3

Basic floorplan software needed
I'm hoping to sell my house not using an estate agent so I need to draw a floorplan. Anyone come across any free online resources for helping to do this? All the ones I've tried so far haven't...
13
13

Laser Christmas outdoor projectors..
HI All I was prompted to investigate these - we like to illuminate the outside (& inside!) of the house, and these looked like a good idea. The one I purchased allegedly had two lasers (red & green)...
41
41

Are Rolec 13A socket "pods" available anywhere other than Rolec?
Their £8.50 "standard" delivery charge is a bit of a rip-off so I'd prefer to find a retailer.
6
6

Ot . The latest way to break your neck? The Flyboard.
Astonishing. Flyboard Air Demo at Flyboard World Cup Championship​ in Naples, FL
13
13

Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom?
Can you put a mains socket in a cupboard inside a bathroom? Would be handy for connecting my washing machine, which is in the bathroom. Cupboard door is about 9" from basin, 3ft from toilet and 4'3"...
69
69