Subject Author Posted Replies

A use for a stethosccope
With the TRV4's, I find that you can feel the rotational resistance change as you move it towards the point where it's pushing the valve plunger closed, which is the current temperature.
16
16

Annual Christmas problem
A few weeks ago, my Christmas lights (carefully wound around a rolled-up Radio Times from Christmas 1997) worked fine when I dug them out from the back of a cupboard and plugged them in. They also...
56
56

Yum Yum, Lidls gravy granules.
We did that all day long for decades. Phthalic anhydride - Wikipedia
1
1

Hotpoint wm
tongue scrapper ideal to rmove the shit ...... TONGUE CLEANER / SCRAPPER. The bacteria and fungi that grow on the tongue are related to many common oral care and general health problems. These...
14
14

oven diagnosis no display no heat but light working
The display is not showing on the oven, and it is not switching on the heat. The lamp does work. Is it likely that it is the controller board? Are there any tests to try? thanks
5
5

shed base
If it were me, 6" vibro-plate compacted type 1 MOT, 5" reinforced concrete due to your high local load. That'll give you a bit more ot put the bolts into if you need to bolt it down.
4
4

OT. Turkey Defrost
I've never gone with this 'mandatory thing and will generally be eating whatever I'm given (if out) or fancy. ;-) Good man. ;-) It's funny, because we don't 'do' Xmyth ((no religious so) no cards,...
23
23

Best tool for the job Pt13
Where am I at the moment? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cz23pstWgAAeY6e.jpg
26
26

Mains Relay
As usual, they're a bit optimistic of the spec and the construction. I don't think I'd want to put 30A through one. Big Clive's teardown: Theo You can now buy me cake and things to take apart at:-...
28
28

Plug-in timer spec ?
7 Day Digital LCD Electronic Plug-in Programmable 12/24 Hour Timer Switch / 30ma RCD 240VAC, 13(4)A, Max. 3120W - Battery back-up - AM/PM or 24 hour display What does the (4) indicate? Andy C
10
10

Best tool for the job Pt 12
I left in 1985 and we bought shares at £0.70 at some point in the 1970 's. The search engine that helps you find exactly what you\'re looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images,...
12
12

Anti-condensatin paint - does it work?
We have a few places on our small boat which suffer from serious condensation. They are basically the few places where there is just a sheet of metal (4mm thick) between outside and inside. On these...
10
10

Solar PV now world's cheapest electricity.
On Saturday, 17 December 2016 09:57:59 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
44
44

Square Shape Coaster art | Ceramic Coaster
Our coaster is a great high-impact promotional product. Bright and hard wearing, this Ceramic Coaster will stay with your customers for a long time. Choose from Square shape Ceramic Coaster for your...

Clip on microphone
Many time on TV it looks like clip on lapel microphones appear to have the lead coming out of the top - ie. upside down to my way of thinking. Is this the case? If so, why?
4
4