Subject Author Posted Replies

strange way to measure rubber ring with micrometer
strange way to measure rubber ring with micrometer! Scroll down to pic. Work on majority of all Xbox 360 models to fix a stuck dvd drive. Third party belts for Xbox 360 drive belts. Compatible for:...
7
7

OT: Google camera needs cleaning
Google Maps
2
2

SCR working intermittantly
Hi, I have the B Gas version and it has worked well for a few years. However, occasionally my boiler does not turn off even though the thermostat has told it to and there is no green light on at the...
2
2

Double/single box for brick/plaster wall
Is there such a things? I.e. I'm looking for something like this:- but for fitting into a plaster on brick/breezeblock wall. ... or is the technique simply to fit two metal boxes close next to each...
15
15

LED streetlights
The LED streetlights fitted here appear to be warm white. Anyone else compared them to their own lights? Daylight white is much better.
7
7

Solar roads, for goodness sake!
Forget solar roofs. The world’s first solar road is here, in the small village of Tourouvre-au-Perche in Normandy, France. The 1 kilometer road was opened yesterday by French Ecology Minister...
26
26

Using 7 core trailer wire for mains lights
I'm using 7 core trailer wire for mains lights: how safe and legal is this? Is it OK to use 3 pairs as Live and Neutral, and use the last one for earth. Should this be white or green? Plan to have 3...
47
47

OT - Using my Dash Cam
So, firstly this is a follow up to fixing my Dash Cam question, now that have had a chance to use it in "anger". I gave up trying to work out how to make it stick in minus temperatures and bought,...
20
20

Gudsss who forgot to but the turkey in the over
That's lunch 3 and half hour late tim
19
19

Twenty year old, billion dollar reactor runs for one hour in total before decomissioning decision.
Decommissioning will take thirty years. One of the plants that was supposed to "burn" nuclear waste. More evidence of the stupidity of nuclear power. The Japs are now stuck with fifty tons of...
43
43

OT: Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.
All 92 people on board a Russian military plane are feared dead after it crashed into the Black Sea.
43
43

OT: Cars: how tightly should a brake caliper piston fit?
Hi all, Does anyone know what amount of clearance is typically required IRO a vehicle brake caliper between the piston and the cylinder it slides inside of in order to press the pads against the disc?...
12
12

Curious said Alice!
I wanted to close a Barclays savings account and downloaded a PDF to allow me to do this by post. Each time I tried to print it Adobe Acrobat threw a wobbly and failed to print. Task manager showed...
14
14

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
And a happy new year.
29
29

Why does central heating fail at Christmas?
OK so rhetorical question and a lead in to a self congratulatory piece:-) If it isn't general knowledge, the drive motors for Honeywell 2 and 3 port valves are identical and don't seem to have changed...
40
40