Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Ministry of silly walks??
1

Screwfix Chainsaw
Whilst away I was 'found' a job to do needing a chainsaw. Quick look around gave me a Screwfix Titan 2kw mains for £34.99 (30% off usual price). Not bad for the price and sorted what I wanted sorting...
13
13

OT: Is it worth getting boiler serviced before house sale?
It's many years since my last house move but one might be on the cards for next year. The boiler (Glowworm 30SXi system boiler) is about 10 years old and going fine but hasn't been officially serviced...
35
35

OT OR MAYBE NOT: Do it yourself with a robot:
"Compared to a bad marriage, a robot will be better than a human"

OT: Rabbit
During the night there was a hell of a commotion, then a loud crack. I got up this morning to find the catflap broken off, and this lying on the floor. I assume the cat didn't fit through at the same...

Not cross-threading the new immersion heater
Not cross-threading the new immersion heater! I am having trouble putting the new immersion heater in, just starting the thread correctly. Is there a knack to this that I just haven't learnt?
31
31

Using integrated car camera as a webcam?
I'll soon be getting a car with an integrated camera so I've been wondering whether the data from this could be used as a "dash" cam, but (according to M-B) there is no way to get at the data. Has...
15
15

Shower head riser rail
I want to replace the shower riser rail - when I originally bought it I had to file out the hole to allow it to grip the tapered section of the end of the shower hose. My question is, Is it "standard"...
16
16

Replacing an immersion heater
I need to replace an immersion heater that's been in the cylinder for over 40 years. It looks well crusted in place. So, how much force can you put on it to unscrew it without rupturing the cylinder?...
32
32

OT(ish) dishwasher grumble
Investigating poor dish washing performance (yes, doing it myself) and I discovered tat the spray arms were clogged with bits of egg shell. Leaving aside the fact that the filter shouldn't allow bits...
6
6

DIY Graphic designer
http://bit.ly/2iglt91

Air Ram etc.
I quite fancy one of those G Tech Air Ram cleaners, it's for work so it doesn't need to replace a proper vacuum cleaner, just a convenient way of making the place look tidy quickly. Has anyone any...
5
5

Sagging Kitchen Wall Cupboards
I've just installed a new Wickes kitchen and I'm disappointed that both the 800 wide wall unit bottoms sag noticeably in the centre (between the two s ides) when loaded with an ordinary loads of tins...
17
17

Worcester-Bosch boiler servicing
I generally work on the principle that if it's not broke you don't fix it unless, like a car engine, for example, it clearly needs some TLC like an oil change from time-to-time. So how often does a...
88
88

Smart Meter Display on Computer
I have just had my electricity and gas meters replaced with smart meters which have now made my excel spread sheet redundant and I no longer need to read my meters every day. However I will still...
19
19