Subject Author Posted Replies

Gudsss who forgot to but the turkey in the over
That's lunch 3 and half hour late tim
19
19

Twenty year old, billion dollar reactor runs for one hour in total before decomissioning decision.
Decommissioning will take thirty years. One of the plants that was supposed to "burn" nuclear waste. More evidence of the stupidity of nuclear power. The Japs are now stuck with fifty tons of...
43
43

OT: Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.
All 92 people on board a Russian military plane are feared dead after it crashed into the Black Sea.
43
43

OT: Cars: how tightly should a brake caliper piston fit?
Hi all, Does anyone know what amount of clearance is typically required IRO a vehicle brake caliper between the piston and the cylinder it slides inside of in order to press the pads against the disc?...
12
12

Curious said Alice!
I wanted to close a Barclays savings account and downloaded a PDF to allow me to do this by post. Each time I tried to print it Adobe Acrobat threw a wobbly and failed to print. Task manager showed...
14
14

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
And a happy new year.
29
29

Why does central heating fail at Christmas?
OK so rhetorical question and a lead in to a self congratulatory piece:-) If it isn't general knowledge, the drive motors for Honeywell 2 and 3 port valves are identical and don't seem to have changed...
40
40

OT: Christmas and children
It's Christmas tomorrow and once again it will be ruined by the presence of children, running around shouting and squealing with excitement, spreading wrapping paper everywhere, and demanding that...
22
22

Just wondering - Heat Transfer
Are immersion heaters as efficient as they could be? Could the tubular element be improved upon - or doesn't it matter?
109
109

Cleaning Textured Vinyl Flooring
I've got some textured (non slip) vinyl flooring in the workshop (I think it's Rhino flooring) See it here: or Now, it is VERY hard wearing but I just can't get it clean. In the doorway I have a...
33
33

AA batteries v LEDs
I have a sep of LEDs (xmas lights) Original batteries were Alkaline 1.5V. Are the LEDs likely to run from 1.2V nickel metal hydride rechargeables?
30
30

13Amp socket with USB Charger
Provided I get a decent make - are there any risks to consider? Any snags?
66
66

Police comms
".........in distress as do the police on a weekly basis as I hear them on my scanner." I would be interested in how it is done : listening in to police communications. (I thought it was illegal - but...
62
62

OT Yet another way to kill yourself.
Produced By AIRBORNE FILMS Directed By Eric Magnan https://www.instagram.com/ericmagnan.director/ The Patrouille de France and the three Jetmen Yves Rossy, Vincent Reffet and Fred Fugen fly together...

Storm Barbara
At least the windfarms will be of some use for once. 5.76GW at time of writing (0800)
17
17