Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Who needs a roundabout?
Meskel Square. Centro neurálgico de Addis Abeba, frecuentemente es el sitio escogido por los etíopes para festivales y celebraciones pero también, es un caótico cruce de caminos que miles de...
16
16

OT: Roberts Stream 93i now fixed for BBC Audio Factory changes
As per subject. After the BBC sabotaged many existing internet radios by changing their protocols to use HLS AAC ??, Roberts Radio have finally made new software available. Actually been available...

OT: Where we are with batteries
Since we were talking about battery storage recently, this from Matt Ridley on where we are with batteries. His Blog on the subject is here:
4
4

Worcester boiler- water gushing from key hole
Repressurised the boiler. Turned the square know until water stopped entering the boiler. Turned key to unlock position pulled out and water is running freely gushing out of the hole. Bunged key back...
5
5

Painting white LED christmas lights
Bought a string of white LED christmas lights that are much too bright for the tree, they drown out the other coloured lights. Is there any transparent type paint-set recommended so that i can paint...
3
3

So all bin out with yer new angle grinders yet?
Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy drones instead this year. Brian
6
6

Earth loop Impedence
I've got a Martindale EZ150 (updated) socket tester - I've just been usRefer to the IEE Wiring Regulations, 16th Edition or later, to determine if the indicated earth loop impedance of the wiring...
4
4

Odd roof tiles on a cul de sac
All the houses are the same with the bottom two rows of tiles having different tiles to the rest of the roof. And that includes the garages and dormer windows. I have not seen or noticed anything like...
19
19

[OT ish] Titanic - New Evidence
I wasted an hour of my life last night watching this. Talk about over-produced hyped up horseshit. If the progremme had not constantly repeated itself it could have been a third of the length....
46
46

Wiki upgrade and new toys
Hi, We have upgraded the wiki to use the latest version of media wiki (should not make much difference in practice). However we have also added the "math" component to it as well, so you can now...
18
18

cutting 175 mm disc out of MDF
I need to cut a one-off round disc of 20mm MDF Need it to be as perfectly true to round as possible, as will then run a guided moulding cutter around it with router to make it slightly decorative. My...
9
9

NVR recommendations
I have a couple of 1080 network cameras. Was going to install zoneminder but it looks like a faff and i'll need a spare PC. So wondered about a NVR instead, but want one that will record in 1080 from...

ATTN: Mr Pounder Esquire: CO2 extinguisher weight
I've got a 2kg CO2, which says tare 2.93kg, gross 4.93kg on the side. It weighs (give or take 0.2kg) 4.2kg, which suggests it is 63.5% full. But shaking it makes no liquid sound. Do I have much in...
6
6

Crimp
Sometimes a ChocBlock is not the solution: The video is the first of a kind to involve a Full step by step High Voltage cable repair procedures that basically consist of replacing the damaged section...
3
3

L E D christmas lights cheap but need painting
After Christmas Dyas are doing their led christmas lights at half price plus 15% off. I got 100 white leds for £5 odd. But they are too bright and overpowering. Is there any *transparent* type paint...
15
15