Subject Author Posted Replies

B&Q "cooke & lewis" cabinets
5 years ago installing kitchen the cooke and lewis cabinets were quite good quality with MDF 8mm backs - they made a point of the strong backs. Just g ot a new larder unit to finally finish off the...
2
2

Why do people clear their driveways of snow?
[16 lines snipped] Wrongly.
40
40

OT - Can a Plane Door Actually Open Mid-Flight
On MSN News UK (the one that opens after you've logged out from MS Outlook on your web browser) today, in an item titled "The Safest Seat on an Airplane and 10 Other Airplane Facts You?ve Always Been...
30
30

OT d-i-y anti blood clot
The scariest thing to my mind is having a stroke. A friend of ours fit as a fiddle has one out of the blue, now he can't walk properly and can't talk properly. So if you are unlucky and are waiting...
44
44

Another (old) boiler Q
I have been reading some old posts on various forums and the general line seems to be that with room sealed (balanced flue) non-fanned boilers you only do a case-seal visual inspection, not a spillage...
1
1

Resetting ADE Accenta plus alarm
Hi We have inherited this alarm system and were left an alarm code although I am not familiar with the operation. Today, during the gales, we had a power surge and the alarm went off. Despite entering...
5
5

Scottish Power Tariffs
Old Scottish Power fixed E7 tarrif expired at the end of December. Hunted about but their "Online Fixed Saver Narch 2018" was the best I could find but was a fiver or so a month more. Wanted the new...
9
9

OT (a little) DAB radios and battery life
Listening to Radio 4 this morning they did an item on (I think) Norway and their switch to Digital radio - it appears that by the end of 2017 FM radio switch off in that country will be complete....
66
66

Video: three wankers damaging an electric fence.
Did you do the wiring hanging down in front of the windscreen yourself? You made a good job of things - as usual. Was your wife driving : or have the DVLA OK'd you to drive?
7
7

BT mail.
Since I've got BT fibre broadband which I'm very happy with, I've also got BT mail. I don't much use my BT mail address as I have my own domain POPbox which I pay for separately - but rely on the BT...
4
4

Lack of tile colour choice
We have been looking for ceramic tiles for a new bathroom. The choice appears to be between beige, beige, beige, grey and white. I have noticed the same choices in the US also. Why have the stockists...
12
12

Yet more Smart Meters
I read here some weeks ago that the installation of a Smart Meter was not mandatory, but I have just received a notice about the impending installation of a water meter in Essex. It includes this...
22
22

Smart meters (again)
Does anyone know if any of the energy suppliers are installing SMETS 2 meters yet?
24
24

Smoke detector types
Girlfriend bought a holiday apartment in Wales, originally built in early 1970s I would guess. The previous keeper has removed the smoke detector in the hall, leaving behind what is labelled as an "EI...
7
7

Using CD's in a car USB input socket
Hi all, My son has a newish car that only has a USB input socket to play music instead of a CD Player. Are there portable CD Players that could be plugged into the USB socket, to save me having to...
5
5