Subject Author Posted Replies

ip webcams?
Hello, Lately I have been getting visits from Jehovah's witnesses and a today, a pushy salesman from a company called Britannia, offering to give me a free survey for damp and condensation. I can see...
13
13

How do I ...
... stop my wife from "helping" with DIY? By putting tools away in the wrong place By fetching the wrong tool By having to have jobs explained to her at such length it would have been easier to do it...
38
38

Winter
was that it!!!!!? tim
15
15

dust bags
I have an ash cleaner it is bagless but the filter cloggs up far too quickly and so needs cleaning t 2 or 3 times each use. I had some success with a hoover bag but these are smaller bore fitting than...
2
2

Andrew Gabriel gas install vs the one I saw today
Andrew very kindly posted this which was a work in progress by some builders waiting for Trancso to remove the meter. Now if I was playing poker I would raise him by this The gas meter used to be at...
9
9

R. Cott. 12
First fix wiring started. Now the plaster board and insulation. The original house has a plastic moisture barrier between warm space and cold lofts. When I ran the necessity of repeating this for the...
47
47

blocked word on website
Local newspaper when commenting on a subject it blocks the use of the word `paid`as in salary I thought this strange anyone think of a reason why. It flags up comment blocked delete the word `paid`
2
2

Paint for microwave
I have a couple of rust spots inside microwave, 3 years old so should last a bit more. Any ideas on what type of paint I could use to touch it up. Rust about 3 x 1 cms size.
24
24

******* Plumbing
I've tried again and again to resolder a copper endfeed joint in a primary circuit, and no joy yet again. It's a 22mm street elbow that goes into a po rt on a Dunsley, so lots of copper to suck the...
34
34

Frost-free fridge/freezers
Do these appliances require any kind of provision to be made for condensate drainage in normal operation? If not, how do they get rid of the frost?
28
28

UPS Neutral/Earth Short
Much investigation of the intermittent RCD trips this afternoon (I'm shattered after spending all afternoon unplugging things and plugging them in again. One thing we discovered, which may well be a...
15
15

Automatic windscreen wipers and frost
Sharp edges of stones usually. It does actually.
127
127

B&Q "cooke & lewis" cabinets
5 years ago installing kitchen the cooke and lewis cabinets were quite good quality with MDF 8mm backs - they made a point of the strong backs. Just g ot a new larder unit to finally finish off the...
2
2

Why do people clear their driveways of snow?
[16 lines snipped] Wrongly.
40
40

OT - Can a Plane Door Actually Open Mid-Flight
On MSN News UK (the one that opens after you've logged out from MS Outlook on your web browser) today, in an item titled "The Safest Seat on an Airplane and 10 Other Airplane Facts You?ve Always Been...
30
30