Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Problems with UK gas storage.
Could be trouble ahead. This is UK's largest gas storage facility by a long chalk. Yahoo is now a part of Verizon Media http://www.centrica-sl.co.uk/about-us/rough-guide
18

noisy central heating system
my heating system vibrates and hums noisily when it is off and cold... i.e in the middle of the night. I have a combi boiler which works perfectly well for heating and hot water when it is on and it...
3
3

OT: Here's a good idea
Let the NHS send the invoices for all the foreigners who come over here for free treatment to the Overseas Aid Department. It would be that department's job to chase the payment. If they didn't get it...
154
154

[OT?] webcam for octopi
Anyone using octopi? which webcams work well with it? The official site is a bit vague about what really works and what works with errors (unspecified).
3
3

Accurate hand-held drilling
I'd be grateful for any tips for ensuring that a hole made with a hand-held drill is accurately at 90 degrees to a surface. I've wondered about knocking up a flat metal plate with a short stub of...
58
58

UK DIY Wiki : "The Lightbulb Ban"
In the UK DIY Wiki, page , I have replaced the outdated section "The Lightbulb Ban" with a new one, "The Incandescent Lightbulb Ban". Please feel free to improve it. I think that, in the Wiki, the...
14
14

Washing machine no longer heats up water
It's a Zanussi ZWF 16581. I'm guessing that the heating element has gone, and replacing it will do the trick (is there any way to be sure without actually replacing it?). But, I am puzzled that it...
16
16

Ot: More tunes for UK.d-i-yers...
Pamela: For Harry: Whiskey Dave: Brian Gaff: You walk into the room with your pencil in your hand You see somebody naked and you say, "Who is that man?" You try so hard but you don't understand Just...
8
8

Removing nuts
I'm having trouble removing them, despite using spanners, hammer & blowtorc h. It's a 3 way momo heating valve. The nut I can't remove is on the unders ide of the thing, and access to it is terrible....
4
4

Megaflow drain
Megaflow tank in property cold water feed to tank turns both hot and cold supply to property , turned mains off to tank attached hose to drain valve opened it nothing came out , wot am I doing wrong ?
1
1

Power Supply to Garage
I will be replacing my rather leaky garage with a larger new one soon. This will leave 4' gap between the garage and house. The gap is a concrete pat h and between the house and garage I intend to...
39
39

Toilet cistern handle problem
The handle on our toilet is faulty. I cannot see an easy fix, thought this might be a good time to change is for the button type. I do not wish to change the actual cistern as unless it was exactly...
15
15

Ridged carpet fix?
I was let down by carpet fitters three times, with the carpet ready to fit stored in the garage ready for the hall/stairs/landing. Those who bothered to quote, made it not worth my while DIY'ing. Over...
4
4

Well that sucks
in a good way. The other day I ordered some vacuum hose[1] - I thought it might prove handy in the workshop since I often struggle with dust collection on hand held tools, since the normal shop vac...
3
3

Ink for Epson - Shake or not
Reading the instructions for changing the ink on a Epson printer I saw the instruction to Shake the black ink - but don't shake the coloured inks. If I knew why I would probably remember it correctly....
5
5