Subject Author Posted Replies

Acoustic insulating flooring
In message , Scott writes When the property is built, the void between ceiling and floor is filled, but that is disturbed when any sub floor work is undertaken. I can only speak directly about this...
19
19

how do I remove a B16 tapered chuck from its mandrel?
hello My Nu-tool (ex B&Q) drill press has a B16 spindle which fits into a matching B16 socket in its 1/2" chuck (chuck is labelled "B16"). I remember following the original chuck fitting instructions,...
23
23

MS Excel and graphs
Being a bit anal about such things, I sought out a spreadsheet so as to keep tabs on my electricity and gas consumption, plus spending many months ago. I then adapted it to provide weekly readings. I...
4
4

Talking of vacuum cleaners (eaarlier thread)
We have a Kirby Heritage II complete with all (the full range) of the accessories, bought many years ago and barely used. She gave up on it, because it was just too heavy for her, built like a...
2
2

I am surprised it had the depth of cut...
(assuming it was a 7" Makita like in the picture!) A woman has gone on trial in Munich on charges of murdering her lover with an electric circular saw.
7
7

New wiring behind skirting boards?
Wiring behind skirting boards could be easier than a channel in plaster or drilling holes in floor joists, but how to do it? says: "Wiring can be run in modified wooden skirting board incorporating...
15
15

Toshiba.
They are, it seems, in dire straights financially. Due to problems in the US nuclear power generation field. And one of the major players in proposed new stations in the UK. So as the costs of...
5
5

Nextbase DUO dashcam freezing
Anyone else encounter this ? Tried contacting their support department whose immediate suggestion was to change my class 10 Samsung SD card for a branded class 10 SD card. Updated firmware and...
11
11

Moving a Consumer Unit
A mate is considering getting his daughter's consumer unit that is in the integram garage moved lower down the wall as when a blown bulb trips it she has to climb on something to re-set it. I have...
22
22

rotary brush device on vacuum cleaner
It's that fitting on the end of the vacuum cleaner tube that uses the movement of air into the tube to rotate a brush, via a paddle-wheel thing. It barely works. When in contact with the carpet it...
25
25

Roller Shutter Door
Maybe a daft question! I have an aluminimum roller shutter door I bought through eBay. It is manual and has a spring down the centre of the "roll". I have now fixed the brackets to the wall and...
10
10

fridge too cold
I have had my FF on the same setting since I bought it, three and a half years ago over the last week this has resulted in the fridge being cooled to below zero and items freezing I have turned it...
6
6

Underfloor heating enquiry
Looking for advice/comments from anyone has some experience of underfloor heating. I'm shortly going to refurbish my bathroom, and I'd like to install underfloor heating. The floor is concrete which...
16
16

Grow your own tobacco
I stopped the snouts two years ago. To smokers this must be worth a crack? 60 varieties of the finest tobacco seed for you to grow your own tobacco at home.
7
7

wall insulation
I wish to fix 100mm insulation board to the outside of a block wall and then fix t.g and v boards outside that again Obvious way would be to fix a framework of 100 x 50 softwood to the block wall and...
13
13