Subject Author Posted Replies

New battery tech?
Would be nice if some of this turned out to be true. Tim Full Page Reload
162
162

Improvised soakaway?
Got a slight problem round the back of my parents house. The path/paved area separating the back of my parents house from the garden has nowhere for the water to run off. The path/paving slopes to the...
2
2

[OT] Google Wants to Use AI to Cut the UK's Electric Bill by 10 Percent
Powering an entire country is very expensive, but Google wants to make it a bit cheaper with no added infrastructure. According to the Financial Times, Google Deepmind is opening talks with the UK...
77
77

Enclosing electrical appliances leaving no access to power button
If someone wants to enclose a TV/monitor in a MDF+perspex cabinat units with no access to remote sensor or power button, insufficient ventilation at the back, are there any electrical regs/PAT type...
8
8

my Hitachi saw won't release
hard to push down and won't release back up unless I jerk it back up and it's really hard
7
7

best place for glyphosate
I need to blitz my old lawn / weeds before re-turfing. Where is the best (c heapest) place to get some glyphosate concentrate (say 40 to 50% contentrat e) that does not break the bank and avoids...
12
12

Google fu help please - electric hot plate height extender
Our new caravan has three gas rings and one solid electric hot plate. Great idea because you can use the bundled electricity you get with the pitch for cooking. Dumb implementation because the...
11
11

USB Controlled Power switch
Firstly, so nice to be able to post on here again after the loss of the Demon newsgroup server robbed me of easy access via ThunderBird. I am looking for a USB/PC controlled power switch to enable 1...
10
10

Best way to strip long lengths of mains cable?
I have a fair quantity of mains cable, and would like to remove all the insulation without damaging the cable itself, so fire is not an option. The cable is ordinary grey sheathed T&E. Removing the...
32
32

How to insert blade in a Makita 4329 jigsaw?
I bought a new Makita jigsaw recently, but only now got around to using it. It's an orbital jigsaw. The "scotch yoke" plunger-with-roller (the bit that moves up and down) is sprung loaded. This is...
12
12

Secondary glazng film
Just realised the sheet of secondary glazing film on the window over the front door is now 31 years old. It's the sort you stretch and stick to the frame with double sided tape, and then use a hair...
2
2

Thick a two short rebars.
How thick should concrete be at the bottom of a four hundred and sixty foot waterfall? Why the recent troubled history of the River Valve Outlet System matters... Music: "Trouble" Trampled by Turtles...
14
14

OT: MP2 to MP3 converter: recommendations?
Any recommendations for MP2 to MP3 (& vice versa) converters? There is the usual clutch of 'free' software and even now a few 'free' website offering conversion (what are the gotchas?) Preferably...
6
6

1.5mm cable, 90 Amps and various connectors
A selection of wire connectors are overloaded - which will fail first? Connectors and wire sent in by TheChipmunk2008 1.5mm² PVC insulated solid core wire, connectors are a screw terminal 'chocbloc'...
20
20

GSM based building alarm?
I was just wondering if anyone here had any personal experience of / with any of the various GSM / Autodialer type alarms, the likes of eBay is cluttered with these days please? The usage would be...
12
12