Subject Author Posted Replies

tea
milk, two sugars please. Ta... Has their been a sudden breakout here of the single word subject syndrome? :)

age
Would I be correct in assuming that most of the posters and readers on this ng are of a mature age. i.e. 55 - 80 yrs. It is difficult to guess age from a posting, but from the info given out, there...
83
83

diy
for all you thatchees out there, but not all at once,you may crash the server. http://www.playamiguel.es/webcam/index.htm
1
1

Rumours
Will smart meters alert the user of the date and time the meter is read by the energy company? I have heard conflicting reports on this one. also offgen say that if you are registered as blind with an...
16
16

Modernising room heatng controls - what's available?
The other "boiler replacement" thread has produced some useful ideas (thanks to all!) so I've started this new thread just for room heating controls. I plan to divide the new house into multiple...
28
28

Chainsaw
Hi all I have a pile of logs/ slices of tree trunk in the garden which i have no u se for other than to chop up and use for outdoor heating. This is going to be a one off event so thought i would hire...
33
33

Vinyl Interlocking floor times and planks
I have a T & G Bathroom floor and don't want to put ceramic tiles down as it would need to be overboarded and then tiled - this would lead to an annoying little step. Saw some thin interlocking (like...
3
3

Weird network issue resolved!
#1 router was a newish DSL 3780 as provided by Talktalk and the one acting as modem to connect to broadband, plus providing one access point at the top of the house. #2 used a wired LAN to connect to...
5
5

Air in central heating -- header tank
Should a header tank not be connected so the pipe is vertical, to make air bubble up into it as it passes? This would bleed the system automatically. Mine is horizontal, and the air always ends up in...

Burning Wood to make Tea
I wish to boil up water to make cups of tea on my quiet corner of the Allotment. I want to be using the bits of wood which always seems to be available around the place. There seem to be a number of...
11
11

Dumb question (probably) 12v amplifier - connecting to battery.
I have a Lepai LP-2020A+ amplifier still waiting for me to install the ceiling speakers in our kitchen. It has a bullet(?)/barrel(?) connector in the back, standard wall wart input, for 12V 2A. I have...
15
15

Stainless bolt into zinc - any issues? TV bracket (contd.)
Possible fixings: and To fix a TV bracket to a wood (presume veneered chipboard) panel approximately 16mm thick. TV bracket has 6 countersunk holes, and the metal plate is approximately 3 mm thick. I...
5
5

Powered low voltage LEDs
Yes, another daft LED question. Sorry. I have a set of small LED Christmas lights, to decorate a miniature tree. Power is from 2 AA batteries. Were I to have four identical sets, could I wire them in...
16
16

Re: Best group i could find sorry..... PESTS
You have unwanted mousetraps?

Alarm Reset
Moved in for a few months now ? Power cut and I don't have the alarm code how do I reset ? Any ideas many thanks
6
6