Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: BBC crippled my website
I trust you pointed out the reliability of nuclear and CCGT, and that the variability of renewables, all the way down to zero, was a major weakness and their Achilles heel.
12
12

Ready mix patio grout
Right, having scraped about 4 buckets full of weeds out of the patio and pressure washed it such it's no longer black and green, but a rather shocking yellow, it's time to regrout it. Can any of you...
6
6

DVD drive not reading discs
This is a Thinkpad T430, running W10 32 bit. The DVD drive is listed, but discs cannot be read. Tried various home made and commercial disks, which used to work. The head is parked where it should be,...
35
35

[OT] A little delivery man trick...
Ordered a large and very heavy item online a few days ago. Received an email yesterday from the retailer that delivery would be mid next week. This morning, already 40 miles away from home, I received...
9
9

Key slipping in rack mortice door bolts
The key slips on some of the rack mortice bolts on our doors. In about half the bolts the key slips and in about half it doesn't. On some bolts it slips at the end of its travel in one direction but...
3
3

OT Q. Alcatel Onetouch Y800 4G WiFi Modem/Router
I wonder if anyone else might have one of these and be able to tell me about the flashing green LED's purpose/ function please? Yes I do have a copy of the User Manual, but so far as I could see,...

bloody ebay/amazon MP carp
Not for the first time, nor for the second, do I find that my (from a very limited sample) recent purchase is either CFU or fails within a few months of buying it. Why do people swear by this means of...
20
20

Resurgence OT
All that stuff I was asking about on the salt residue from tropical storms... Category 4 cyclone Ernie 06-10 April 2017 with wind speeds peaking at 130 mph on the 7th has finally made it to...

New Woodburner Regulations
Nope. I have friends with them. ROFLMAO! Maybe in your spotless clinical house, but not out here in the country.
104
104

!/2" to 15mm pushfit
I've a need to join copper 1/2" and plastic 15mm hot and cold water pipes. Will a straightforward 15mm pushfit coupler work? I see Speedfit do a 1/2" to 15mm coupler, but I'd have thought to 0.1mm or...
1
1

mitre saw braking
I have a cheap (Cromwell Tools own-brand) mitre saw, used it recently and realised that the self-braking is no longer functioning, in general how do these operate - mechanical, or electrical e.g....
1
1

Are 90 degree soil waste bends available?
I ordered a 110mm waste bend off eBay which was advertised as 90 degree, which is what I want, but got sent a standard 92.5 degree bend. So does a 90 degree bend in waste fittings like this even...
16
16

smoke detector
Does anyone know if it is possible to renew the battery in the FireAngel WST-630 smoke detector? I have taken the battery out and thank that I could solder a replacement in provided it was the correct...
19
19

O.T. electric cars - do they have gearboxes?
Well, assuming by "Kelvins" you meant Degrees Kelvin and by "degrees" you meant degrees Celcius, they are! If the standard atmospheric pressure had been a higher value than it's currently assumed,...
141
141

Laser printers bugger you up?
Or at least the toner does. Ultrafine particle - Wikipedia
44
44