Subject Author Posted Replies

plastic bumper repair staples
Dear all, over the last few years I have done variious repairs on the plastic mudguard of my trials bike using stainless steel mesh and a big soldering iron/heat gun. I have been looking at hot...
4
4

Crap headlights on the new van
68 Peugeot Expert. Main beams are fine but the headlights are just shit. On unlit roads when a car comes the other way and just using I lose sight of the road. Fucking useless H4 lamps? So swap the...
42
42

We all have to go, but this is bizarre, poor fellow
"Man crushed by telescopic urinal in central London dies" The man had been working on the pop-up toilet, which is stored beneath the ground during the day. The man had been working on the pop-up...
24
24

OT: Modern Life Rant
Some things about modern life that annoy me: 1. Contact 'phone numbers, lack of. Every company should have a 'phone number for contacting it, and somebody should answer the call within, say, 10...
52
52

Well, that went well ...
Following persistent recent problems with Android Auto, a factory reset was called for. Despite backing up the phone as instructed with a forced Google backup (both accounts I had on the phone) when...
1
1

Water meters on average save 20% of water - is that true?
What are the pros and cons? Essex and Suffolk Water (return address Northumbrian Water, Abbey Road, Pity Me) says that on average, meters save 20% of water. At least they don't want to install a...
66
66

British Gas - Smart meter bullying tactics
I have Gas and electric charged by British Gas. I am fully up to date with payments. I don't have smart meters, I have not requested smart meters, I am not on a tariff requiring smart meters and I...
60
60

Weird or what?
I have a set of electronic scales. I don't use them very often, but had a succession of small things to weigh. When you switch them on,m they autocalibrate. However every time I put something on...
9
9

Dual EV charging
SWMBO wants to change her ageing car and is thinking of getting an EV (Soul, e-Niro, ZS, etcetera) so I'm wondering what to do about charging. The other car is a PHEV so I installed a Rolec pod to...
10
10

OT: Laundry symbols
Sorting through my late wife's clothes prior to taking them to the charity drop-off, I found a shirt, 100% cotton, made in China. The label had a mass of those little laundry symbols, which I didn't...
80
80

Small glass doors
We inherited a glass-fronted bookcase on teh demise of SWMBO's old man; it has a pair of sliding doors. Each door slides in a groove and has a cm wide finger hold ground in it so you can get your...
18
18

Made me laugh!
I'm well aware that Durex is a brand name in Australia of what we call Sellotape in the UK. I subscribe to a "Word a Day" mailing list and today's word is Durex. Interestingly, for the Oxford English...
12
12

New tyres on road roller
What tool is he using @ 28:30 to help mount the tyre on the rim Installing 2 new 23.1-26 tires on a Galion 84 inch roller. 0:00 into remove wheels from roller 5:04 unload new tires 6:38 dismount first...
19
19

Hot point future fridge
Fridge keeps freezing and not turning off
1
1

zip tie unlock key
Looking for the little gadget that allows you to undo a zip tie but can't find the name for it so I can get one on aliexpress or ebay.
31
31