Subject Author Posted Replies

Programmable c/h room thermostat, with adjustable hysteresis / dead zone?
HI Folks As per the subject - does such a thing exist? (Tried Googling - massive amount of hits .....) Situation is - ground-source heat-pump to conventional radiators, which all works well....
9
9

Re: Seems the EU doesn't like vaping.........
Give the babies their dummy ...... The ‘Vaping Crackdown’ starts today. This is what you need to know • The Register
1
1

disability newsgroup?
Is there a UK one that is actually live and active? Bill
6
6

Supascrews and Twinqwik screws
Some years ago, Supascrews were introduced, and mixed packs were sold, complete with cross head driver. Yellow plastic tray, with clear flip up lid. Anyway, the name seemed to disappear, although...
30
30

Failed expansion tank - possible cheat ?
Given the faff it is to replace the expansion tank in a CH boiler, what are the drawbacks of just leaving a head of air in the highest radiator as a temporary fix ?
7
7

New boiler
Getting a new boiler installed - GasSafe - what documentation do I need, given that I may need to sell the property in the next year or two?
10
10

Metalic finish car paint.
A friend of mine has had to get a ford door changed and some dents removed and resprayed under the insurance, and when he got it back the respray feathered edges stand out like a sore thumb as the...
11
11

Matching paint brushed edge with rollered main area
What's the best way to get a perfectly matched edge zone near ceiling and skirting boards? I typically end up with a slightly lighter looking inch or so where I've cut in the paint with a brush vs the...
16
16

OT: news blackout
Chelsey Wright This story doesn't seem to have been covered by the BBC and most other media. Bill
36
36

OT: want a laugh?
Bill People are still saying that the moon can only be upside down in the souther hemisphere (flat) from the nothern hemisphere (flat) on a sphere globe earth and want to know how it is even possible...

Waste run for double bathroom sinks
Hi All, I am fitting a unit in our bathroom which has 2 sinks on it. Rather than have a trap for each which takes up space in the cupboards underneath, I wa s thinking of routing the wastes to a...
16
16

OT: Car dobs in drunk driver
Drink drivers beware your car may could get you convicted. Richard The vehicle automatically phoned emergency services when the drink driver crashed, police say.
3
3

Removing pin 3 bell wire from phone extensions.
I have noticed that an incoming call sometimes makes my ADSl drop out (see below). I read somewhere that the wire daisy chaining pin 3 from the master socket to all extensions is not needed because...
18
18

OT: 22% of labour voters don't want a labour government.
well well well! Of those who say they will vote Labour in the general election, 22 per cent actually want a Conservative government. This is one of the most surprising polling results I’ve ever...
6
6

OT: 3d printing
Could anyone print a tiny plastic part for a model bus? I have one and need a second. My problem is that I suspect a commercial printer would not be interested in a simgle part about 5mm in size or...
33
33