Subject Author Posted Replies

Electricity costs.
My electricity plan is finishing this month. (Scottish Power two year plan). No gas. Best deal I can get is around 20% more!!! Is this what everybody else has found?
21
21

Ping F
Send me an email fella. I don't have yours on this machine. It's about you house alarm.
4
4

Very OT, memory card
I'm asking on behalf of an elderly gent. I know nothing about these things New SanDisk 32GB SDHC memory card used in dash cam. VLC won't play dash cam footage and reports "AVI index is broken" The...
29
29

Blown plaster caused by disintegrating brickwork
Back to DIY after a long break and I'm easing in with what should be (have been!!) a simple job, redecorating the spare bedroom. However, after steaming off the old wallpaper I discovered some very...
23
23

OT: LibDems and irony
I see a number of references on Twitter to a speech Cleggy made at a debate last year before the EURef, in which (expecting to win it) he likened some of his fellow speakers (such as Dave's friend St...
3
3

Aldi Hose Fittings
Just treated myself to a set of Aldi metal hoselock type fittings. Less that ?5.00. I feel I have cheated someone - there seems at least ?10 worth of metal in them. Absoultely lovely - shame to leave...
2
2

Roof insulation: Cold call from firm that sprays closed-cell foam between roof rafters.
G'day! Today, I had a cold sales call from a company offering to spray closed-cell (polyurethane?) foam between my roof rafters. I thought I'd run this past you folks, because a lot of you understand...
15
15

OT: Windpower real numbers
Interesting article in the current edition of The Spectator: We urgently need to stop the ecological posturing and invest in gas and nuclear
7
7

Cutting into wall-mounted CH copper pipe ?
SO following the sage advice here, fitting an external expansion vessel seems to be the way to go. Seems they need to be plumbed into the CH return pipe ? On my boiler, this is a larger (1" ?) copper...
32
32

Dead flat light work table?
Hi, Real man's DIY question here... I don't have a proper workshop (yet), but I need to start making stuff for the house. I have a shed that can take an 8x4' sheet on its side for storage, just to...
42
42

Old tools
Been working on a little project recently which involved a lot of 10mm holes in wood, for coach bolts. Rather than flatten my cordless drill battery, I dig out my ancient B&D mains powered drill,...
109
109

LLoyds shares
since they're going on sale, anybody know where you can buy some at the opening price ? Googling "Lloyds shares" returns pages of results all leading to Lloyds share-dealing services. Which is not...
17
17

OT: chuckle territory
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/Matt%20homepage/Matt%20-%20May/1705-MATT-PORTAL-WEB-P1-small.png...
2
2

Post Supports
I am contemplating building a small freestanding pergola, and considering the fixing method. I want to avoid potential rot, so have discounted directly concreting in the uprights. The last time I...
7
7

Resticking wallpaper
I have a few places where wallpaper is slightly unsticking, and access is a bit tricky. It occurs to me that some form of syringe with a largish bore needle might serve to introduce a little PVA to...
8
8