10 year warranty

Just looking for some electric heaters for a 2 bed house and saw Dimplex did a 10 year warranty.

Here are the terms and conditions of the 10 year warranty

Open all Competition Terms and Conditions Opti-myst research competition Terms & Conditions Feedback survey ? win a £100 M&S voucher Colour of the Month Social Media Competition ? Win a £50 Next gift card! Quantum Warranty Terms and conditions for free extra 8 year Quantum off peak space heater warranty offer.

Your product comes with a 2 year standard parts and labour guarantee. An additional 3 year?s parts and labour guarantee for the complete appliance is given (on completion and acceptance of registration) provided that:

a. Product purchased and installed in Great Britain. b. You complete all registration details.

Completed registration form available at

Should your product fail within this period, contact Dimplex. We guarantee within this 5 year period (2 + 3 years) to repair your product. For registered products, after the first 5 years has elapsed we automatically guarantee the product (with exclusions) for a further 5 years.

Exclusions ? what is not covered for the final 5 years of guarantee period:

Heating elements, electronics, electromechanical devices and ancillary electrical components including fan and air?mixing device.

Failure due to product used in an industrial application

Failure due to product not maintained in accordance with instructions

Failure due to damage to product, accidental or wilful, or caused by faulty installation.

Paint discolouration

Call out charges where the faults are excluded from the guarantee

Only appointed or nominated engineers to carry out the repair. Claims for repairs by others will not be paid.

If the product is replaced the guarantee period is not extended beyond the original period of 2 + 8 years.

Does not affect your statutory rights.

Dimplex reserve the right to withdraw this extended warranty offer at any time.

GDC Group Ltd (the holding company for the Dimplex brand) will use your answers to develop products and services, marketing and research. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for these purposes. Personal information will only be shared with our business partners if you have stated this on the online form (at

In all other instances GDC Group Ltd will only share your personal information when required by law. If you have any queries or comments, please contact GDC Group, Millbrook House, Grange Drive, Hedge End, Southampton, Hampshire, SO30

2DF. GDC Group is a subsidiary of Glen Dimplex Group.

So basically it's a 5 year warranty of am I missing something?

Reply to
ARW

Looking at the stuff not covered in the final 5 years, what else is there in one of those f****ng things? Methinks they're taking the piss somewhat.

Reply to
Richard

I fitted some storage heaters a couple of months ago.

They no longer come with bricks but with "energy cells". These "energy cells" are made of clay, were in a rectangular shape and when stacked on top of each other somewhat resembled a wall.

Reply to
ARW

Ahhh! So if the "energy cells" crumble to dust, you get to claim.

Reply to
Richard

as they "do not affect your statutory rights" you don't have to make a claim against them

tim

Reply to
tim...

The insulation around them is more likely to crumble to dust in my experience, and that would be claimable.

I also note it's a "Quantum off peak space heater" not a "storage heater".

Is that because they no longer store enough heat to be called storage heaters - like the ones filled with German Magic Clay can't be called storage heaters either?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

ARW formulated on Sunday :

And? What happened next?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

bet the flex snapped....tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Ended up with a couple of yards of flex only rated for 6 amp.

GH

Reply to
Marland

That's how the 1.25mm flex is so cheap from China Ebay ...

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Its all pretty standard and might be worth it if you still need the exact item after a long period, but as has been said, it does not affect your rights under the law, so having it is no bad thing. I imagine they talk about industrial use as general much and rubbish and fan heaters do not get on well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Large print: 5 year guarantee on a Mattress

Small print:

1st year fully guaranteed against faulty workmanship

2nd and 3rd year a new mattress will be supplied BUT at a cost to the buyer of 40% of the cost of a new mattress plus the buyer pays transport costs for returning the old mattress and delivery of the new mattress.

4th year: new mattress BUT at a cost to the buyer of 60% of the cost of a new mattress plus transport costs.

5th year: new mattress BUT at a cost to the buyer of 80% of the cost of a new mattress plus transport costs.

I suspect that the cost is the "recommended price" and not a discounted price that they are often sold at.

Other terms and conditions that may void the guarantee: The Mattress must be turned and rotated every week for 3 months and then every month thereafter. A Mattress protector should be usd from day 1 to avoid any staining.

Reply to
alan_m

Makes one wonder what they do with the faulty mattresses returned under guarantee.

Anyway, with the best will in the world, accidents happen. I had a pint mug of tea go flying a few weeks ago.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

To me, a "mattress protector" is one of those quilted things that protects you from the (roughness of the) mattress rather than the other way round. If they mean anything liquid proof they should say so.

Reply to
Max Demian

Ended up replacing the front door.

Reply to