Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Shower cover for shower
After the renovation we found that the shower drain cover is higher than the pavement and the water does not drain completely. How do you solve the problem? גרים בחיפה וזקוקים...
1
1

A leak of sewage on the wall
I had a leakage of sewage in the wall on the wall, should I disinfect the wall and if so what material
2
2

Is this a sump pump pit?
Hi all, Ok so I live in Maine, a little higher than sea level, there is what I am assuming to be a sump pump pit in the basement of the house I just bought. It is in a corner and the floor slopes that...
1
1

sewer line issue/repair
Looking for a bit of advice. Found out Monday we had leakage in the back alley from our sewer line. Plumbers came Tuesday and determined they had to dig down to the main sewer line. The long and short...
1
1

bubbling toilet during clothes washing
My house is about 45 yrs old. Over the years I had bubbles come up thru the toilet-no soap. Seemed to stop after replacing toilet w/ pressure flush type.a few years ago. About 7 weeks ago, toilet...
1
1

How to Deal with Unexpected Plumbing Problems?
Plumbing probPlumbing issues disturb our normal life so badly that we are left with option none other than calling in a professional. Most of the homeowner?s try to fix plumbing problems on their own,...
2
2

How to lift oven
I have a gas pipe behind my oven that is too far away from the wall for me to push my oven back all the way. The previous owners used an appliance roller to lift their oven high enough place push it...
1
1

rough in for a toilet replacement
my rough in is 13" from center of bolt to wall. Current toilet is 1 3/4 " from back wall. What size toilet rough in do I need?
2
2

Potterton fireside black beauty 35/51 back boiler the pilot light keep going out
Hello I hope someone can help with this one. I have an old Potterton fireside black beauty 35/51 back boiler. until this morning it was running fine. It flamed up fine and the heating/water came one...

Water backing up from sump pump
The sump pump installed 2 years ago is found to malfunction. During downpour, I can see water receding back all over the basement? When does this happen? Should I go for a complete replacement of the...
2
2

Problem with bathroom odors
Hello, I am hoping some smart person can help me with ideas for identifying odor problems in my master bathroom. There are two subtle odors involved, one comes from near the two sinks, the other from...
2
2

Baxi 50/4 back boiler fault.
Boiler runs for @ 30 mins then ticks for half min then cut-out light comes on! engineer has replaced the 'spark gap' h t leads, & yesterday the pcb, he considered the gas valve but found during...

error code 128-whats the cause?
my error code 128 come on a baxi neta tec 24kw What causes this and what is the reasonble cost of repairing it? Can any one please help

clamp on aquastat
My daughter has an hot water unit heater hanging in the lower lever of her home, it is plumbed in the with the living area thermostat upstairs, so when the living area calls for heat, the unit heater...

Re: Frozen pipes under ground in upstate NY cold winter
Yes, visual look at it both tops of the U have caps that open. Pipes loook lie this... ----U---- where left dotted line is pipe from house then the U trap. The right dotted line is the pipe leaving...
1
1