Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Walk-In Shower Fall, How do I....
Create a fall in a walk-in shower. I really donot want any step up nor down, but still want the water to find the drain. the shower is about 6x6 on the plans currently. Rick Bass Players Drink Bass
22
22

Stem valve won't keep handle upright
Folks: I recently replaced the stem valve on a Moen faucet on the kitchen sink. The new valve fixed the leak, but the problem is that it isn't stiff enough to keep the lift-up handle upright when I...
3
3

Whistle sounding faucets
Recently there was a main water line break on my street. The water company had turned off the water to my house and neighbors too. After the line was repaired,I find that when I turn on some...
1
1

Better? Teflon tape or pipe dope?
Been having a nightmare of leaks trying to get some new galvanized pipe in a wall for a bathroom sink. Started out using plumber's pipe dope in a tube on both male and female portions of pipe threads,...
5
5

bathroom sealant
Hi Group, I'm trying to remove my old sealant using a knife and it is a real pig of a job and stuck on tenaciously. Are their any tips/compounds that I can use to get this stuff off?
1
1

Weird situation solved
OK Guys, The apartment was finally rented out, so I had to solve the "hot through the cold" dilemma and this is what I found once I took apart the ceiling in the apartment below. The previous owner...
2
2

pvc wye ball valve
Does anyone know a source for a 4" PVC DWV wye ball valve? Thanks, Sammy
2
2

Baxi Bermuda Inset 2 Boiler - Lockout
Hi, I have the above boiler and am experiencing the following :- When the timer calls for water the boiler will not ignite. I can hear the ignitor clicking but there is no ignition and the 'lockout'...
1
1

Immersion heater question
Hello I have an issue with my immersion heater I was hoping the group might be able to help me with. I am on Economy 7 and since the clocks went back, the immersion heater is not heating the water up...
3
3

"Charlick" plastic water pipe
Dear All I was digging up some pavers around my house and managed to rupture one of my water pipes. Problem is that it seems to be something non-standard (in Australia anyway) and I'm having trouble...

pumkin chuckin
I know it is off topic but did you see the pumpkin chuckin contest on discovery chan? I am sure all of you would be into it. 3800' was the approx. winning distance. Let me make it known right now; If...

Locked Gate valve
Hi. I need to close this valve which is locked solid , I havn`t tried to force it in case I break it ie: use a lever or wrench. I`ve been puting WD40 on it and the valve is in new looking condition(no...
9
9

Hot water flow problem
I posted this problem ages ago without getting any real solution, so I am trying again. Can someone offer an explanation for this problem? The hot tap over my bath does not work unless I first run the...
4
4

Garbage disposal ?
I've heard pros and cons on whether to use hot or cold water when disposing food particles. Would it make any difference? I'm on a septic tank system. Thanks
4
4

Direct water heater
Hi There I wonder if anyone can help me with this water heater of mine its a Main Medway Automatic The problem is I can not get it to light anymore, the pilot is out and the ignition button wont make...
4
4