Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Well problems
I have a drilled water well with a jet pump , July 2 i woke up to no water, i checked the pump, it was running, checked the pump discharge, it had water there but no out put. I installed a new jet...
4
4

quote of the day
LOL, I just can't get enough of this guys statement. """""I hired a general contractor for my project. Many general contractors do their own plumbing. Duh! It's what the world "general" means. Look it...

exploding hot water tank
Hey remember we were talking about that video of the hot water tank blowing up? Well I think I might have found a place to get a copy.
10
10

Convert from 1/2" copper male to 1/2" NPT male
My plumber, instead of putting a 1/2" NPT male pipe sticking out of my shower wall (which is now fully tiled) for a shower wand (Grohe) connector put a 1/2" copper pipe. If I use a 1/2" copper to 1/2"...
14
14

blend valve query
All, (first post here so pls excuse any poor form etc ...) I have recently taken over a children's nursery and need to do something to regulate the temperature of the scaldingly hot water that issues...
11
11

MOEN cartridges
These one-piece cartridges, used in bathroom fixtures, eventually become stiff to pull out or shut off. Is there a recommended lubricant coating for the cartridge - that lasts - which will restore it...
7
7

Want to place Washer below level of outflow pipe
Currently my washer is on the main floor of the house. I want to do some remodeling that will place it in the basement. The concern is that there are no drains in the basement and the outflow pipe to...
4
4

Secondary water system
I live on the outskirts of a town and am hooked up to city water although I don't live in the town. When my town resident neighbor turns on his lawn sprinkler (installed system) my water pressure...
2
2

Septic system
If one toilet is connected to a septic tank and no sinks or shower, does it get enough water? John
3
3

Plumbing help for new construction
House plans are at: need help trying to figure out what would be the best way to do my plumbing job. I have a bedroom a long way from the garage. Two options I have been presents with for hot water...
2
2

Delaney flush valves
I'm a little green on these. Here's my question. Will a Sloan flush valve's O ring inlet fit a Delaney angle stop?

Punctured Water Pipe
I accidentally put a hole in an underground water pipe. The pipe is about 3" in diameter and is flexible plastic. It runs from a pond skimmer to the top of a mound to supply water to a waterfall. The...
4
4

Whistling plumbing
Whenever I open a faucet or flush the toilet I get a whistling until everything is shut off. Can someone tell me why,and is there a fix?
3
3

septic code
Is there a min. and max distance between the septic tank and the drain field. thanks bill
1
1

Iron filters & softener (WARNING: way-back-machine engaged)
Regarding a post from long ago (Google is great). I use a greensand filter followed by a softener which uses salt. I am wondering (more now than ever) 1. if I need the greensand filter considering...
3
3