Latest threads in Plumbing Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Heater
Well, Do you happen to know what the pupose of a relief valve does, By opening the relief valve you do 2 things: 1: Regulate the atmospheric pressure in the tank to allow it to drain, if this is not...
1
1

Water Heater
I have serviced hundreds of these tanks, I am a plumber by trade and one of my first jobs was to service water heaters for NB Power. I know my way around a water heater.
10
10

diverter valve problem
I hope you can help me do this myself. My shower head had low pressure and water would run out the tup spourt. I have the kind that has a knob for the hot, the cold, and one to change the water from...
1
1

Grohe Kitchen faucet disassembly
I've encountered a Grohe single handle kitchen sink faucet that has no visable signs for diassembly. The handle on/off operation is about as stiff pulling out the proverbial Excaliber, but hot to cold...

water pump running
Have an issue where my submersible water pump is constantly running. By constantly I mean that two toilet flushes will set the thing off. Sometimes I haven't used water for quite a while yet the...
2
2

Cold water service: PE or PEX?
I am going to have my water service line from the meter to the house re-piped. It's about 120 feet total (don't ask me why the city installed the meter around the back.) I was told I can run about 60...
2
2

Okay to post help wanted here?
Or is it deemed spam?
7
7

Stack bloom
My 4" cast iron stack in the basement (the vertical part/horizontal is fine) has a rusty bloom on it. Is there a treatment/preparation that will arrest that? TIA, RJ
1
1

Water Pressure
I read a bookley that states "If staic pressure is over 550kpa provisions must be made to reduce it" It talks about water pipes in a house, but what does it mean?
1
1

Watts Govenor 80
A watts govenor 80 is a toilet fill valve with a built in AVB (Atmospheric Vaccuum Breaker) it eliminates the need for on the cold water inlet on the water heater.

Clogged Drain
How much of the pipe can you see before it goes out of site?
2
2

FS. Selection of thermocouples
A selection of 17 thermocouples. Valient GCN 391765. Valient GCN 394174. Valient GCN 262934. Glowpart GCN 392934 x 2. Anglo Nordic Universal Type AN203P. Baxi Bermuda 572 thermocouple. An unknown...
2
2

FS. Tower 22mm air seperator
Tower 22mm air seperator. Un-used. £5.00 plus P&P.

FS. Sunvic TLX2251 room stat
Sunvic TLX2251 room thermostat. Un-used and boxed. £10.00 plus P&P.

FS. Landis & Gyr cylinder stat.
Landis & Gyr RAM1 cylinder thermostat. Un-used and boxed. £10.00 plus P&P.